- Comcast Holds RSN Talks. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;8/2/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p20
The article reports on the talks hold by Comcast Corp. with Dish Network Corp. and DirecTV Inc. about the formal request of the two latter television companies through the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to access Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia which televises Philadelphia Flyers...
- Comcast's Self-Install Kit Cuts Back on Truck Rolls. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p13
The article offers brief information on Xfinity cable television self-installation kits from Comcast Corp.
- More features for Xfinity. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;12/14/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 53, p2
The article reports on the new features announced for Xfinity TV from Comcast Corp. such as allowing deeper access to subscribers and download programming.
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;4/28/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 83, p2
Reports that Comcast asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to exempt a number low-cost digital set-top boxes from the deadline that requires all new boxes to have a CableCARD or separate conditional access system as of April 2006. Set-top boxes included by Comcast in its request;...
- PALM GOES VOD. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;9/25/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p10
Reports on a video-on-demand cable channel launched by Palm Pictures via Comcast Digital Cable.
- CABLE 'BUILDS ITS OWN' SOLUTIONS. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;10/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p49
The article presents a comparison of cable software programs including OpenCable Application Platform from OpenCable, downloadable conditional access security (DCAS) from PolyCipher, and Residential Network Gateway (RNG) from Comcast.
- Comcast Loses Subs, Finishes Q3 Strong. // Multichannel News;11/1/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p4
The article reports on the business performance of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. during the third quarter (Q3) of 2010. It mentions that the company lost about 275,000 basic subscribers and 622,000 basic-video customers. However, the firm achieved a continuous growth in revenue and operating...
- Chill Hits Cable-CE Talks. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p30
Focuses on a letter to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from Microsoft Corp., Time Warner Inc, and Comcast Corp. executives asking regulators to stop the scheduled demise of set-tops with conditional access technology. Plans of the executives for the video on demand technology;...
- Comcast Sues NFL Over Campaign. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;12/17/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 50, p29
The article discusses a breach of contract suit filed by cable television provider Comcast against the National Football League (NFL). Comcast alleges that the NFL has been urging its customers to cancel their Comcast service. The dispute is based on Comcast putting the NFL Network on its sports...