- Light Years in the Making: Syfy's Long-Distance Plan. PRUDOM, LAURA // Variety;12/15/2015, Vol. 330 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the performance of cable and satellite television channel Syfy as of fall 2015, citing that it was ranked 12th among all cable networks and plans to reverse its trend through the introduction of various films including "The Expanse," "The Magicians," and Hunters."
- ORIGINAL FOR DIGITAL. // Daily Variety;8/9/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 28, p4
The article reports that Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) has added HBO Go digital platform to its programming mix, which is as a strategic shift important to the future of the company's brand.
- TOP DOWN AT SCRIPPS. // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p18
The article discusses the commitment of cable television company Scripps Networks Interactive to diversity in the U.S. Scripps conducts an internal review of its programs to ensure they reflect the diversity of its audiences. It hosted a professional leadership conference for minority women, and...
- HBO keeps it 'Real' till '14. // Daily Variety;4/25/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. has renewed a deal for the airing of the 11th and 12th season of the television program "Real Time With Bill Maher", which aims to ensure their place in the cable television industry until 2014.
- 2014 PREDICTIONS: MORE, BETTER, FASTER. // Multichannel News;12/23/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p6
The article presents predictions for the U.S. cable television industry in 2014. The predictions include expansion of scripted-series, deals of big telecommunication firms such as Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. and Discovery Communications Inc., and administration of Federal Communications...
- 'Flanker' Brands Score Big. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;7/8/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 26, p23
The article focuses on the trends for cable programmers to invest resources into emerging channels in an effort to protect their mature nets and grow revenue. It mentions the Cooking Channel created by Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. and the rebranding of A+E Networks' History International as...
- Scripps Pays $1B for Travel. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p5
The article reports on the transaction between U.S. media company Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. and cable television network Travel Channel LLC. Scripps has agreed to pay one billion dollars for a 65 percent interest in the Travel Channel. The channel is previously valued at 600 million...
- Building a More Diverse Workforce. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p22
The article reports on the initiative of cable television companies to promote diversity and multiculturalism in the workplace in the U.S. Scripps Networks Interactive has hired African-American Chris Powell as executive vice president of human resources, while others have conducted training...
- Clutching Onto Social Media. Umstead, R. Thomas // Broadcasting & Cable;8/8/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 31, p20
The article discusses the use of social media as a marketing tool by the boxing and wrestling event promoters for the promotion of events. It is mentioned that companies Home Box Office Inc. and Showtime Sports are promoting Pay-Per-View (PPV) ring events with the video clips of workouts on...