Startup Floats 'Cloud' Tech
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;1/27/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p30
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issues including "The Bauminator: Will Verizon Unleash a Virtual MSO?" in the January 21, 2014 issue and ""Comcast Sets Plans for New Taller Tower in Philly" in the January 14, 2014 issue.
- The Jersey Shore: A Tale of Two ISPs. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;5/20/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p24
The article informs that Comcast Corp., American provider of entertainment products, has brought network upgrades and new services for customers returning to areas damaged by the cyclone Superstorm Sandy and Verizon Communication Inc. will abandon the copper plant damaged from the cyclone.
- Report: Providers tap into home automation. // CED;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p10
The article provides information on the increasing interests of the companies including Verizon Communications Inc., Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc., towards home automation and home security market.
- Comcast, Verizon Might Peek at RCN. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p8
The article reports on the interest of high-profile companies Verizon Communications and Comcast to acquire cable and telephone overbuilder RCN in the U.S. Verizon executive director of media relations Bob Varettoni declined to comment and executives close to Comcast also deny that a bid for RCN...
- Verizon, Comcast Top EPS. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/23/2014, pA01
8 The No. 1 cellphone carrier topped views by a hair as
- Out-Of-Home TV Lineups Expand at Glacial Pace. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;12/9/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p4
The article presents information on an increase in the number of on the go television service providers in the U.S. as of 2013 which include Dish Network LLC, Verizon Communication Inc. and Comcast Corp. and mentions about the channels and mobile device applications launched by these companies.
- Dem chairman plans a hearing on Verizon deal with cable firms. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;2/2/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the plan of U.S. Senator Herb Kohl to hold a hearing on the 3.6 billion dollars deal of Verizon Communications Inc. to buy wireless airwaves licenses from the cable companies such as Time Warner Cable Inc. and Comcast Corp.
- Comcast and Verizon: Foxhole conversions? Bradner, Scott // Network World;4/7/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p30
The author reflects on the changes made to the business plans of U.S.-based Comcast Corp. and Verizon. He states that the new business initiatives and strategies employed faced a lot of issues and concerns which require the proper action of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. He believes...
- ON-DEMAND DRAWS FAMILIES. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;3/9/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the significance of on-demand options for families in the U.S. Verizon FiOS reported that in February 2008, the top 10 most watched free films over on-demand were children's programs. Shawn Strickland, vice president of video solutions at Verizon, said that the company has...