Rovi Scratches ITV Itch
- ROVI LAUNCHES ADVERTISING NETWORK INTO MULTIPLE PLATFORMS. // Telephone IP News;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p4
The article announces the release of the Rovi Advertising Network, a guide advertising on the Rovi advertising platform and third-party interative television platforms of Rovi Corp., in July 2010. As a benefit, marketers will reportedly be allowed to launch, manage and measure advertising...
- ROVI LAUNCHES SMART TV FIELD TRIAL ADVERTISING PROGRAM. // Telephone IP News;May2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1
The article announces the Smart TV Field Trial advertising program of Rovi Corporation for exploring new opportunities in television advertising as well as Internet connected devices. It says that the program is based on delivery, measurement and production of campaigns within Rovi Advertising...
- Rovi and Decipher Reveal UK Smart TV Ad Study. // Telephone IP News;
The article deals with the first results of a two-phase study about Smart television (TV) usage and interactive advertising in Great Britain, released by Rovi Corp. and Decipher. The first-phase of the study offers a profile of the connected TV audience while the second phase would assess the...
- How to develop a general biology course for interactive television. Rogers, Bill // American Biology Teacher;Sep97, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p420
Gives instructions for the development of a biology course for interactive television. Information on the formats and design of the course; Examination of copyright issues; Benefits of interactive television in education.
- Which superhighway is it? GF // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p44
Reports on the pessimistic view of cable industry's research consortium Cable-Labs regarding the potential of interactive cable. Lack of subscriber interest for the services; Change in the cost of building fiber systems and their reliability to improve video delivery.
- Web TV. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Oct96, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p49
Reports on developments that will bring about a convergence of Internet and television. Surfing the World Wide Web on television screens; Multiple viewers of one Web page; Which companies are developing such technologies; Role of the cable companies; Efforts being made to work out the final...
- Interactive television. Murrie, Michael // Quill;Mar94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p28
Discusses developments which reflect the entry of interactive television news. Videotron Ltd.'s offering of the first television news; Activities of newspaper that has something to do with interactive video news; Background on the company NuMedia, a venture by NBC and IBM.
- A new interactivity. Guy, Sandra // Telephony;10/27/97, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p22
Details the efforts of interactive television vendors in the United States to develop the technology. Effort of manufacturers to develop standards-based plug-and-play devices that can be operated through the television's remote; Offering of Internet access over cable networks by WebTV Networks...
- Columbus Dispatch owner to provide interactive TV. A.P. // Editor & Publisher;3/18/95, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p25
Reports on plans of the Columbus, Ohio-based Dispatch Printing Co. to create a subsidiary which will provide wireless interactive television services in the area. Use of interactive television to facilitate banking, home shopping and college registration services.