Through the Wire
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;12/8/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p25
A table is presented which provides information related to the combined prices of stocks of the cable television industry of the U.S. including multi-system operator (MSO) Cablevision, equipment vendor Arris Group and satellite television services provider DirecTV Group as of December 2014.
- DirecTV feud could hit Fox net. // Daily Variety;10/24/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the impact of dispute between DirecTV Inc. and News Corp. on Fox Broadcasting Co. and its owned-and-operated stations in the U.S. by the end of 2011. It relates that the end of the year marks the termination of a separate deal between DirecTV and News Corp. It states that...
- Scott Koondel. Rose, Lacey // Hollywood Reporter;6/19/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 20, p42
An interview with Scott Koondel, Chief Corporate Content Licensing Officer of American mass media corporation CBS Corp., is presented. Topics discussed include impact of Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD), the firm's presence in international market, and impact of lack of audience on...
- Anything for a Sale. DeHaan, Peter L. // American Salesman;Sep2014, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences of dealing with a cable television (TV) network provider in the U.S., which failed to provide what it promised to them as of September 2014.
- Cable television: An American success story. Atford, Harry C. // Michigan Citizen;12/2/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, pA7
The article offers information on the progress and success of the cable television industry in the U.S.
- The Care and Feeding of Upstream Channel Bonding. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p22
The article talks about upstream cable spectrum and downstream cable spectrum in the U.S.
- 'LINEAR TV IS DEAD,' AND OTHER CABLE WORRIES. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;7/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p19
The article presents the author's views concerning linear television in the U.S.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;7/14/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p18
A calendar of events for the U.S. cable television industry from July 16-August 6, 2014 is presented which includes the annual meeting of the Minnesota Cable Communications Association, CableLabs Summer Conference and annual meeting of the Wisconsin Cable Communications Association.
- Pigskin, pugilism remain vital to the pay cabler'sfun and games department. Justin, Neal // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA14
The article focuses on the importance of boxing for the fun and games department of pay cable broadcasting company, Home Box Office Inc. (HBO), in 2010 in the U.S.