Cultural clusters: methodology and findings
- Introduction. Tyson, Laura D'Andrea // Eastern European Economics;Fall84, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
Introduces a series of articles about Yugoslav sociology. Crisis in contemporary Yugoslav society; Transformation of Yugoslavia into an industrial society; Cultural system; Evolution of the social and economic system.
- Kultur erwÃ¤gen oder Das Seminar als narratives Netzwerk. Eine Bemerkung Ã¼ber opensteam und die Didaktik der Soziologie. Gostmann, Peter; Messer, Serena // ErwÃ¤gen Wissen Ethik;2007, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p313
This article presents a review of the course "EinfÃ¼hrung in die Kultursoziologie," which was held in the winter semester 2006/07 at the UniversitÃ¤t Frankfurt, in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- The done thing. McPherson, James Alan // Ploughshares;Fall90, Vol. 16 Issue 2/3, p1
Presents the speech delivered by the author on June 12, 1990, at the American Center in Tokyo, Japan, discussing the source of cohesiveness and vitality in different societies. Three distinct spheres of human activity; Domain of absolutes; Personal freedom; Creative domain; Spiritual...
- Critical Versus Non-critical Sociology: An Evaluation. Ben-Rafael, Eliezer // Israel Studies;Spring97, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p174
Examines the aspects of the sociological academe in Israel. Comparison between critical and non-critical sociology; Influence of culture and religion on sociological academe; Discussion on the historical determinism of sociology.
- Southern Asia cluster: where the old meets the new? Gupta, Vipin; Surie, Gita; Javidan, Mansour; Chhokar, Jagdeep // Journal of World Business;Spring2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p16
The GLOBE southern Asia cluster consists of India, Indonesia. Iran, Malaysia, Philippines, and Thailand. The cluster has a total population of almost 1.5 billion and a gross domestic product of almost U.S.$1 trillion. The hallmark of the cluster is its high power distance and group and family...
- A single cultural body needs to be established in the Gulf. Best, Martyn // Art Newspaper;Mar2008, Vol. 17 Issue 189, p48
The author calls for the establishment of a single cultural body in the Persian Gulf states. He says that near-boundless opportunity has been provided by some Gulf states' almost unlimited resources, combined with the desire for rapid cultural development. However, they lack the opportunity for...
- Culture. Stepin, V.S. // Russian Studies in Philosophy;Spring2003, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p9
Examines the concept of culture. System of historically developing metabiological programs of human life activity that ensures the reproduction and alteration of social life in all of its major manifestations; Historical development of the concept of culture; Culture as the most important...
- The Double Vision of Culturology. Orlova, E.A. // Russian Studies in Philosophy;Spring2003, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p26
Presents a roundtable discussion on the structure of specialized knowledge of cultural phenomena. Types of foundations of rational forms of knowledge; Specific use of foundations in different modalities of knowledge; What can be known about culture through the different modalities of knowledge;...
- The Problem of the Unity of Culturology. Shemanov, A. Iu. // Russian Studies in Philosophy;Spring2003, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p40
Studies the problem of unity of culturology from the standpoint of a philosopher. Distinctive features of the positions from which the question of the place of culturology can be discussed; Divergence between the scientific approach and the motivation of his interest from within everyday life;...