Swabbing It Clean
- LCD growth lights up the world. // R&D Magazine;Dec96, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p9
Reports on the increase in worldwide production of liquid crystal displays (LCD).
- Michigan committee endorses LCD panel. // T H E Journal;Jun96, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p18
Reports that Chisholm's DataBook LCD panel has received an exclusive recommendation from the Michigan Regional Educational Media Centers. Award received by DataBook; Product features; Competition with leading active-matrix color LCD panels.
- UV modification of surface pretilt of alignment layers for multidomain liquid crystal displays. Lien, A.; John, R.A. // Applied Physics Letters;11/20/1995, Vol. 67 Issue 21, p3108
Presents two types of ultraviolet (UV) light induced modification of the surface pretilt of alignment layers. Alteration of the liquid crystal surface pretilt angle of a polyamide film with the UV modification; Presentation of two device structures for fabricating two-domain liquid crystal...
- Should You Choose a DLP or LCD Projector? Broida, Rick // District Administration;Sep2003, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p52
Compares the advantages and disadvantages of using digital light processing (DLP) projectors and liquid crystal display (LCD) projectors. Brightness; Color quality; Mobility; Contrast; Longevity; Price.
- PROJECTION VIA LCD AND DLP: A COMPARISON. Powell, Evan // Media & Methods;May/Jun2001, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p10
No abstract available.
- ASK DR. CY BORG. Weyer, Matt // Odyssey;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p47
The article provides an answer to a question on what kind of glass is used in liquid crystal display television screens.
- 3M projection panels. Littman, Dan; Moran, Tom // Macworld;Dec1992, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p185
Evaluates LCD projection panels for PCs and Macs, the 3M Brand Model 5300 and Model 5900 from 3M Visual Systems Division. Features and advantages; Cost considerations; Purchase price and telephone number.
- Approximate description of the three dimensional director and electric field in a liquid crystal... Panasyuk, G.; Allender, D. W. // Journal of Applied Physics;1/15/2000, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p649
Presents information on a study which developed a analytical approach for describing properties of a liquid crystal display associated with a homeotropic to multidomainlike transition for a liquid crystal with a positive dielectric anisotropy. General ideas of the description; Methods used;...
- Selecting a projector. Schechter, Joanne // Computer Graphics World;Jun97, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p51
Offers tips for evaluating liquid crystal display (LCD) projectors. Key factors to consider; Sampling of LCD projectors available in the market; Assessing picture quality; Projector versatility.