Remember Baby Bear!
- Four questions about circuits. // CEE News;Apr2002, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p38
Presents a question and answer on circuits. Validity of switching number 12 with number 14 wires in lighting a 20A circuit; Violation in supplying one neutral wire for two circuits; Protection of light switches by GFCI.
- Simple tester checks christmas-tree lights. Brown // EDN;12/23/99, Vol. 44 Issue 26, p108
Discusses the construction of a circuit for testing series-wired light bulbs. Use of current limiting resistors in constructing the tester; Housing the tester; Types of series-wired lighting.
- Outsourcing the Dirty Work. Hymes, Les // Circuits Assembly;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p21
The article analyzes the effectiveness of contract cleaning for printed wiring assembly (PWA). Over the long run, outsourcing may reduce our total operating and maintenance costs as well as our technical support and equipment investment requirements. For most printed circuit assembly and...
- LACK OF PROTECTION. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Feb2006, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p54
The article presents a photograph depicting a safety violation of an electrical wiring installation of an apartment's kitchen in the U.S.
- Tip and Ring. // Network Dictionary;2007, p489
A definition of the terms "Tip and Ring" is presented. These terms are telephony slang for the two wires which make up the electrical circuit used for telephone wiring. Tip is descriptive name for the electrically positive wire and Ring is the nickname for the electrically negative wire.
- Manage Multiple Signals with HDI. Rowlands, Michael; Das, Rabindra; Lauffer, John; Markovich, Voya // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Sep2008, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p18
The article presents a design and build of a circuit board test vehicle using the high-density interconnect (HDI) method of Z-axis interconnection building blocks. It states that the new circuit board designs require signal paths that can handle multi GHz signals and dense wiring due to high...
- Automotive Circuit Breakers. // Product Design & Development;Dec2005, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p22
The article evaluates the series of SAE Type II and Type Ill automotive circuit breakers from Cole Hersee Co.
- STANDARD for STAGE PIN CONNECTORS. // TD&T: Theatre Design & Technology;Fall97, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p49
The article reports on the United States Institute of Theatre Technology, Inc. (USITT) S3-1997 Standard for Stage Pin Connectors from the USITT Engineering Commission. According to the article, the standard covers the general and dimensional requirements for a series of split-pin and sleeve...
- U.S. manufacturers can learn from businesses overseas. Kulp, Yann // CEE News;Apr2002, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p30
Comments on the market of wiring devices in Europe. Price range for the wiring devices; Country with outstanding wiring device innovation; Implication of product standardization.