Parts Shortages to Come
- FY99 sales to rise, but Japan's chipmakers cut capex again. Dunn, Peter N. // Solid State Technology;Aug99, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p36
Reports that Japan's top semiconductor manufacturers are planning a reduction in capital investment despite an expected increase in sales for the fiscal year 1999 which began April 1. Semiconductor makers that are planning investment increases; Firms that posted significant chip-sector losses;...
- Cap spending OK in '96 but '97 may be a bust. // Electronic News;7/15/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2125, p6
Reports on the strength of capital spending in the United States in 1996. Expected decline of capital spending in 1997; Semiconductor industry's adjustment to slower growth in integrated circuits sales.
- Some fab plans taken off `hold'. Bruner, Richard // Electronic News;07/21/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2177, p1
Focuses on the plans of several major semiconductor manufacturers to push through with expansion projects that they put on hold in early 1997. Intel's capital expansion; Texas Instruments' construction on DMOS 6; Microchip technology's expansion of its Tempe, Arizona Fab 2; Motorola's...
- Asian capital spending cuts seen. // Solid State Technology;Apr98, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p42
Reports on Asian semiconductor manufacturers' plans for capital spending cuts in 1998. Impact on semiconductor companies of Asia's financial crisis; Worldwide capital spending forecast.
- Japanese chip firms exit big-hitter spending table. Manners, David // Electronics Weekly;4/24/2002, Issue 2049, p10
Reports on the absence of Japanese companies among the top ten capital spenders in the semiconductor industry, based on the report of IC Insights. Top four spenders in 1990; List of the 2001 top ten spenders; Profit decline of the Japanese semiconductor industry.
- Scottish online IP trading firm VCX seeks cash to fund future activities. Yeates, Harry // Electronics Weekly;1/16/2002, Issue 2035, p1
Reports on the efforts of online semiconductor intellectual property organization Virtual Component Exchange (VCX) to seek investments from venture capital firms in Scotland to fund its future activities. Amount of investments needed by VCX; Significance of the investment raising activities of...
- Semiconductor industry on track for growth. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/1/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 35, p18
Presents a survey on the sales performance of semiconductor industry in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2003. Percentage of total semiconductor revenue; Increase on monthly basis and leading-edge capacity; Level of capital spending in the industry.
- Semiconductor Boom in Asia May Cause Overcapacity. Lerner, Ivan // Chemical Market Reporter;10/20/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 13, p13
Reports on the recovery of the semiconductor industry in Asia. Percentage of the Chinese companies on the semiconductor capital spending in the region; List of largest foundries in the region; Impact of overcapacity on the industry.
- North American Book-to-Bill Still Aiming for Parity. // Electronic News (10616624);8/29/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 35, pN.PAG
Reports on the amount in orders posted by North American-based manufacturers of semiconductor equipment in July 2005. Comparison between the bookings figure in June and July; Continuance by manufacturers of being cautious about capital spending.