APEX Product Preview
- Cleaning a No-Clean. Munson, Terry // Circuits Assembly;Dec2001, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p66
Presents a non-fluid, invasive method for removing rework residues on a circuit board. Disadvantages of using a water-soluble hand solder flux; Comparative analysis of reworked boards before and after cleaning; Effectiveness of the method.
- High-Precision Aqueous Cleaning. Dalton, Shean R. // Products Finishing;Mar2001, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p66
Focuses on the work done by a network server supplier to introduce semi-aqueous centrifugal cleaning in a high-mix-surface-mount technology circuit pack production environment. Uses of the circuit pack; Cleaning process in electronic assembly production processes; Integration of the cleaning...
- Lean 101:. Herreras, Mari // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, pC10
Focuses on businesses in Wenatchee, Washington which applied principles from a lean manufacturing process workshop sponsored by the Quest for Economic Development. Goal of Millwork & Fixture to create greater capacity using lean manufacturing strategies; Increase of manufacturing efficiency at...
- Lean not working? You've got it wrong! // Works Management;Jul2002, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p7
Assesses the reason on the ineffectivity of the lean manufacturing techniques in Great Britain. Principles behind the lean technique; Barriers on completing a lean transformation; Approach of companies on solving individual production problems .
- Colleges key to manufacturing future. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;2/7/94, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p19
Reports that businesses based in New Jersey are seeking the help of local colleges to help them improve their manufacturing processes. Names of New Jersey institutions that most companies are turning to for help; Loss of jobs in manufacturing since 1990; Focus of research efforts at the Center...
- Getting Your MULTILAYER Board Fabricated. Zulki Khan; Lerma, Phil // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the process of fabricating multilayer printed circuit boards. Composition of the process of seven or eight fabrication stages; Importance of stackup in high-speed designs; Need to have alternate materials that will replace exotic materials such as polymide.
- Instrumentation amp provides unipolar and bipolar outputs. Rathgeber, David // EDN;07/20/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p150
Suggests a circuit design for intelligent sensors and signal conditioners for plant-automation systems. Enabling of production of outputs compatible with standard data-acquisition systems; Simultaneous provision of unipolar and bipolar voltage outputs and two output-current ranges; Requirement...
- Will Electronics Manufacturing Return to North America? Vardaman, E. Jan // Circuits Assembly;Sep2008, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p26
The author reflects on the condition of electronics manufacturing in North America. The author reveals that manufacturing of electronics products moved out of the U.S. over the past years because of lower cost elsewhere. The believes that the loss of U.S. infrastructure is also one of the...
- How business can help preserve `living art' of N.H.'s machining heritage. Frain Jr. // New Hampshire Business Review;09/10/99, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p11
Suggests how the business community can help preserve the `living art' of New Hampshire's machining heritage. Legacy of precision machining in the state; Work of the New Hampshire Machining Association; Business support through apprenticeship programs.