CBOT Proposes Revamping Bond Futures Contract, Index
- If you don't take it with you, next best thing is to make sure you invest it wisely. Richards Jr., Archie M. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/12/2000, Issue 322628, p7
Presents a conversation on investing wisely. Comparison of the risks and returns of investing in stocks and investing in municipal bonds; Factors that affect the performance of the stock market; Estate planning; Tax benefits of investing in index mutual funds.
- As Munis Come Back, Short Funds Still Rule. Levaux, Janet // Research;Apr2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the data released by Lipper Funds Inc. showing that ultra-short and short funds are still considered top investments in the U.S. It states that returns on tax-exempt funds in 2009 are making positive returns and many municipal bonds have posted positive returns of between...
- Munis Weaken in Light Trading as Treasuries Fall, New Year Begins. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31793, p2
Reports on the impact in the increased index funds of the Institute of Supply Management on the bond market in the U.S. Weak performance of municipal bonds; Decline of treasuries of the country; Acceleration of the activity in the manufacturing sector.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;4/17/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32609, p29
Several charts depicting the bond index as of April 17, 2007 in the U.S. are presented, including the 30-day Visible Supply which reflects the total dollar volume of bonds to be offered at competitive bidding, short-term tax-exempt yields, municipal market data general obligation yields, and...
- Funds Post Outflow Ahead of Tax Day. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32362, p6
The article reports that the weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds has sustained a net outflow ahead of the personal income tax filing deadline in the U.S. in the week-ending April 12, 2006. The weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds lost 168.87 million dollars in the week-ending...
- Muni Bond Fund Report $212.2M Outflow. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;3/28/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F313, p1
Statistics are given regarding inflows of municipal bond funds of 212.2 millions and 1000.8 millions of high-yield funds in the U.S. as of March 26, 2014.
- Lehman Launches Two Index Swap Products. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32682, p1
The article reports on the launching of two index swap products by Lehman Brothers in the U.S. The move by Lehman aims on providing more efficient hedging vehicle for municipal bond investors than what were currently available in the market. It was revealed that the products will be consisted of...
- ETFs Move Before Indexes Do. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;1/13/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33450, p1
The article offers information on the municipal bond exchange-traded funds (ETF). It states that tracking error is the term ETF manager use for the magnitude of mismatch of ETF returns and returns on a target index. According to Phil Fang of Invesco PowerShares Capital Management LLC, municipal...
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33448, p8
Several charts are presented that depict the derivatives and structured products in the U.S. which includes the municipal swap index, municipal swaps, and bond yields.