- New From The Ministry: Uniqueness Out, Sameness In. Diekmann, Frank J. // Credit Union Journal;5/13/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p4
Views on the changes in the credit union business in the U.S. Emphasis on consumer needs; Need for credit unions to specialize on fees; Effects of tax exemption on the financial institution.
- Ariz. Legislator Says CUs Must Compromise Or Face Loss Of Tax Exemption. Freeman, Lisa // Credit Union Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the loss of tax exemption for credit unions (CU) in Phoenix, Arizona. Expansion of membership program in thrift institutions; Characteristics of the tax status of CU; Distinction between CU and banks.
- Debate Over CU Tax Exemption Set For Nat'l Council Of State Legislatures. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p68
Reports on the increasing debate over credit union tax exemption set for the National Council of State Legislatures in the U.S. Provision of backdrop for a proposal by bank-allied state lawmakers; Efforts of repealing preemptions on state taxing authority; Requirement of Congressional action.
- CU Taxation Threat is Real. // Credit Union Directors Newsletter;Apr2003, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the effort of the U.S. government and banks to tax-exempt credit unions. Role of credit unions in solving the state's budget deficit; Limitation of the product offerings of credit unions; Access of the government to credit union services.
- Banks Sponsor Florida Study Critical Of CU Tax Exemption. Freeman, Lisa; Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;4/21/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the study conducted by the Florida Tax Watch and financed by the Florida Bankers Association focusing on the tax-exempt status of credit unions. Details of the study asserting that tax exemption for credit unions can not be justified; Reaction of the Florida Credit Union League to...
- Lesson From This Year's Fights? CUs Outargued. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;4/21/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p32
Comments on the efforts of the credit union industry to protect their federal and state tax exemptions as of April 21, 2003. Arguments of the banking industry against tax exemptions for credit unions; Arguments presented by credit unions for their tax-exempt status.
- Tax Credits Pay Off. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/8/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33676, p7
The article reports that companies and individuals in Louisiana cut their state tax credits to about five billion U.S. dollars from 2005 to 2010 through coverage claims under the state's 464 tax credits and exemptions, according to a document issued by Legislative Auditor's Office on March 5, 2012.
- Fla. Tax Study Has Credit Unions on 'Orange Alert'. Freeman, Lisa; Roberts, Ed // American Banker;4/23/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 77, p4
Focuses on a study conducted by the nonpartisan group Florida TaxWatch on Florida's credit union tax exemption. Likelihood of generation of a bill in 2003 to tax credit unions; Benefits of the exemption to credit unions; Opinion of president of the Florida Bankers Association on tax exemption...
- CU Takes To The Radio To Respond To Station's Criticism Of CUs. Ornelas, Roel // Credit Union Journal;7/9/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 28
Focuses on the criticisms to credit unions regarding federal taxes payment in the United States. Assertion of credit unions being a not-for-profit financial cooperatives; Benefits members get from credit unions; Recognition of President George Bush to the tax exemption of credit unions.