Home Rule Bill
- Michigan Gov. Granholm Mulls Vetoing Capital Budget After Business Tax Defeat. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32531, p6
The article reports that Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm has only until the end of December 2006 to decide whether to continue in vetoing the capital outlay budget of the state. This event is said to have delayed the approval of the $381 million of bond that will be used in funding state...
- Texas Legislators Cannot Override Vetoed Bills. Wentworth, Jeff // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/4/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p14
The article discusses the inability of Texas legislators to nullify a bill after a legislature has adjourned.
- Bill To Limit Damages Available For Civil Actions Arising Out Of Construction Defects, Killed. // Insurance Advocate;4/29/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 16, p21
Reports on the decision to veto a bill that would limit the damages available for civil actions arising out of construction defects in Colorado.
- Gov. Scott vetoes civil legal assistance funds. // Florida Bar News;6/15/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p4
The article reports that Florida Governor Rick Scott has vetoed the legislative appropriation funds for the Florida Access to Civil Legal Assistance program to help low-income Floridians with mortgage problems.
- Tension increases as veto session nears. SOSIN, KATE // Windy City Times;10/16/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the goal of equal marriage legislation sponsors to call for a vote at the veto session during the week of October 22, 2013 in Illinois.
- Veto session offers chance for building--and saving. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/09/98, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p10
Opinion. Talks about the fall 1998 veto session of the Illinois General Assembly. Special ingredients of the gathering; Proposal aimed at funding a backlog of road and public transit projects; Opportunity to create a rainy day fund to help Illinois weather future economic times.
- Gov. Perry Vetoes Bill That Would Have Limited Insurer Litigation Management; Time Limit On Health Claims Payments By Insurers. // Insurance Advocate;6/23/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 25, p42
Reports on the decision of Texas Governor Rick Perry to veto two insurance-related bills which would limit insurer litigation management and impose time limit on health claims.
- State legislative review. // Secured Lender;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p77
Gives a listing of the dates on which various state legislative sessions will convene. Reintroduction of bills that did not become law in the previous session.
- Risk and Information Preferences in the Screening Stage of Experimental Capital Budgeting Decisions. Evans, Dorla A. // Financial Practice & Education;Spring/Summer93, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p29
Identifies risk and information preferences in the screening stage of capital budgeting decisions. Stages in capital budgeting; Literature on risk and information preferences.