MSRB Unveils Trade Data Feedback System for Broker-Dealers
- MSRB Seeks Rule G-32 Change Allowing One OS for Investors With Same Address. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31414, p6
Reports the proposed amendment of the Rule G-32 by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Inclusion of the municipal securities in Rule G-32; Compliance of the mutual fund companies with the rule; Benefits on the municipal funds securities.
- MSRB Reminds Dealers to Disclose Market Discount. Casey, Jack // Bondbuyer.com;11/22/2016, p1
The MSRB reminded dealers on Tuesday that they are required to tell investors when a muni has market discount.
- MSRB Proposes Real-Time Reporting Changes for Some Trades. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p5
The article reports on proposed changes to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's trade reporting rules in the United States. The proposed changes would set reporting procedures for four types of trades usually executed at special prices, two types of interdealer transactions reported late,...
- MSRB Muni Consultant Ban Proposed. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31857, p1
Reports on the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board barring broker-dealers from hiring independent municipal securities consultants. Requirement to disclose information about municipal securities consultants of dealers; Invitation for comments on proposal; Deadline for...
- Some Dealers Are Misreporting Inter-Dealer Trades, MSRB Warns. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31979, p1
Reports on the warning conveyed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board in the U.S. regarding the notion that some dealers have misreported inter-dealer municipal securities trades as syndicate trades. Rule of the board that has been violated; Issuance of the warning in a one-page notice;...
- MSRB Issues Clarifications For Dealers Ahead of Real-Time Debut. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32028, p1
Reports on the issuance of clarification regarding dealers' questions on the new issue market prior to the introduction of the real-time system, by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Mechanics of the new system; Obligations of dealers on reporting trades; Impetus of the move.
- Dealer-FA Proposal Stirs Pot. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33394, p1
The article reports on the reactions of market participants to the draft proposal of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to prohibit dealers from underwriting new negotiated or competitive bond issues in Washington. It explains that dealers are prohibited when they act as financial adviser on...
- MSRB Warns Dealers About Consultant Payments That May Violate Rule G-38. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/14/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32650, p5
The article reports on the issuance of warnings by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to U.S. dealers, reminding them about their obligations under the board's Rule G-38 on consultants and citing certain dealer actions that would result in violations of the rule. According to...
- MSRB Must Clarify Rules for Muni Advisors vs. Broker-Dealers. GARUSO, JEANINE RODGERS // Bond Buyer;5/13/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33910, p5
The author reflects on the issues related to the broker-dealer contracts with the municipal bonds issuers. It mentions that the monthly meeting of the organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board was based on the legal and regulatory obligations of the contracts. It also informs that the...