Texas Border City Sets Bridge Bond Issuance
- A bridge too far? Meczes, Robin // Commercial Motor;12/13/2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5514, p14
The article reports on a study by Ove Arup & Partners Ltd. which has identified that the toll for the Severn Crossing bridge has increased expenses for trucking in Great Britain. It notes that barriers to business and employment concerns for trucking have resulted from the toll. It mentions that...
- Slow Progress of FasTrak: Usage Analysis of an Electronic Toll Collection System. Bedolla, Hector; Sengupta, Sanjit; Bollapragada, Ramesh // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Winter2007, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p51
This article presents information about the FasTrak electronic toll collection system that is being installed on the bridges in the San Francisco Bay Area. It has been projected that the area will add nearly 2 million new residents between 2000 and 2030. Traffic is already tremendously congested...
- From the Sharp End. Garlick, Nick // Truck & Driver;Aug2009, p14
In this article, the author comments on the impact of the flaws in construction of river crossings and of the charges of toll bridges built at the flyovers, on drivers in England. He reflects on the lack of foresight concerning traffic flows, design and further price increases at the bridges...
- Big brother's new toy. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;06/01/98, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p33
Presents information on E-Z Pass deals used by drivers to gain quicker access through the toll gates. Speculation that E-Z pass records may be used to monitor the travels of persons; Information on the use of special antennas installed on major highways to monitor the speeds of cars bearing...
- Chesapeake's $151M Toll Deal Gets $1.86B Orders. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;10/30/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33805, p20
The article informs that the toll bridge deal of 151 million U.S. dollars of Chesapeake in Virginia gets orders of 1.86 billion U.S. dollars in October 2012.
- Robocop at the bridge. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;04/21/97, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p37
Focuses on the proposed automated bridge toll collection system of the California Department of Transportation. Tests on the system at the Carquinez Bridge between Vallejo and Martinez, California; MFS's responsibility in the implementation of the proposal; Operation procedures of the automated...
- EZPass not so easy on the system. L.J. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/14/96, Vol. 43 Issue 42, p56
Discusses the problems involved in the EZPass system introduced in New York to create quick access through toll booths. Factors contributing to the negative response to the system; Negative effects of one-way toll booths.
- Keep Bridge Tolls, CCC Says. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/26/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33653, p9
The article reports on the call of the Crescent City Connection District (CCC) for keeping tolls on twin state-toll bridges in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- E-Z Pass expands New York Beachhead to Jersey, beyond. Jacobson, Louis // Planning;Sep97, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the implementation of the E-Z Pass electronic toll collection system at the George Washington and three other bridges in the United States. Mechanism of electronic toll collection system; Acknowledgement of discount programs under the new system.