Philadelphia School District Readies $300 Million Deal
- Ex-Philly Treasurer Says Mayor's Aide Often Chose Underwriters. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p1
The article reports that Folasade Olanipekun, a former city treasurer has testified in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania pay-to-play case yesterday that a top aide to Mayor John Street often chose lead underwriters and bond counsel on large bond transactions. Olanipekun, who was Philadelphia's...
- Philadelphia hires Botary. Defendis, Megan // Waste News;10/19/98, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p27
Reports on Philadelphia, Pennsylvania officials' recruitment of Joan Batory as recycling coordinator for the city. Batory's previous posts; First assignment as recycling coordinator; Plan to promote recycling education and outreach in her new role.
- Facing Severe Crunch, Philadelphia Mayor Calls for 10% Cut in Workforce. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31519, p34
Reports on Philadelphia Mayor John Street's proposal to cut 10 percent of the city's workforce to avert financial crisis. Period over which the job cuts will take place; Plans to redefine municipal government; Support for expansion of Pennsylvania Convention Center and other anti-drug and...
- Philly Media Ban at Investor Conference Raises Ire. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;4/18/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33897, p5
The article informs that media is objecting the non-public nature of a investor conference as officials of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania have decided to exclude the media from their two-day investor conference which is going to start in the second week of April 2013.
- Institutions matter: Comparing deficit spending in the United States and Japan. Hahm, Sung Deuk; Kamlet, Mark S. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Oct95, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p429
Examines the determinants of central government deficit spending in the United States and Japan during the postwar period. Hypothesis that stronger economic growth is associated with lower deficits; Political control of the executive and legislature branches of government;...
- Federal finance. // Economic Indicators;Feb96, p32
Presents statistical information to represent the deficits of the first 4 months of fiscal 1996. Surplus or deficit; Gross Federal debt (end of period).
- Untitled. Smith, Don // National Petroleum News;Sep93, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p3
Comments on the approved deficit-reduction plan of President Bill Clinton. Contained business-tax incentives; Goal of a $500 billion reduction; Factors for success.
- The US government raised $57.6 billion in cash Tuesday. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;11/16/95, Vol. 87 Issue 247, p2
Informs about the cash raised by the US government by selling short-term securities in order to pay off debts as reported on November 15, 1995.
- States reach out to bankers... and non-bankers. Blount, Ed // ABA Banking Journal;Oct95, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p81
Reports that the federal government has control of the resources of the states according to Governor Ben Nelson and the effects of the growth of the federal deficit. Warning by Governor Nelson; His announcement; States and electronic commerce.