City of Brotherly Love Sets Sights On Eradication of Unlovely Blight
- Cities must become constituencies to revive. Humm, Andy // Social Policy;Summer97, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p2
This section introduces a case study on how to make a city more liveable.
- The concept of `livable communities' is maturing into. Oken, Doreen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/31/2000, Issue 322571, p1
Reports on the community planning and development within San Joaquin River Valley, California. Adoption of practical and pleasing land use policies; Downtown revitalization and housing; Multimodal transportation centers; Preservation of open spaces.
- Ahwahnee Principles set guidelines. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/31/2000, Issue 322571, p1
Outlines fundamental principles for community planning and development in San Joaquin River Valley, California. Need of a community to have a diversity of housing types; Importance of integrating regional land use planning structure within a larger transportation network built around transit;...
- University-Based Planning: Faculty Advocacy Roles. Harris, William M.; Thagard, Aubrey // Western Journal of Black Studies;Winter2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p189
Presents a study which explored the three areas of challenge and the roles of urban design professionals in the academic context as advocates or contractors taking the leadership in bringing about purposeful social change to remedy the conditions. Advocacy challenges; Planner advocacy in...
- Desecrated diagonals put us at a crossroads. Race, Bruce // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/4/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p12A
The article discusses the modern development in Indianapolis, Indiana, citing projects in distinctive diagonal streets of Massachusetts, Indiana, Kentucky and Virginia avenues.
- A Sense of Community. Fiori, Pamela // Town & Country;Oct2005 Special Issue, p45
Introduces a series of articles on the development of several communities in the U.S.
- In the main. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/28/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p6A
Reports that the New Hampshire Main Street Center is looking for a batch of communities interested in applying to take part in the Main Street program. Application process; Contact information.
- CLARIFICATION. // Crain's Chicago Business;6/30/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 26, p0002
A clarification to the article about he Lakeside development in the June 23, 2014 issue is presented.
- Any more development and the South will be hell on earth. Gummer, John // Estates Gazette;11/11/2006, Issue 645, p73
The author comments on the expansion of the city of London and the South East in England. The transformation of the dairy and the collar factory in the area into gated communities is just one of the signs of the decades of growth that have decisively shifted the balance of Great Britain from...