Elizabeth Cook and Her Children
- At home on the high seas. Black, Dorothy // American History;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p48
Discusses that the wives of nineteenth-century ship captains accompanies their husbands on trade or voyages, making their homes on the high seas. Experiences and challenges faced by young wives aboard the whaling ships; Differences between boarding the whalers and merchant ships; Life of the...
- Hen Frigates: Wives of Merchant Captains Under Sail. Adams, Phoebe-Lou // Atlantic Monthly (10727825);Jul1998, Vol. 282 Issue 1, p105
The article presents a review of the book "Hen Frigates: Wives of Merchant Captains Under Sail," by Joan Druett.
- The Sea Captain's Wife. Nicol, Janet // Room;2010, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p96
Reviews the book "The Sea Captain's Wife," by Beth Powning.
- Chapter XXVII. Marryat, Frederick // Peter Simple & the Three Cutters, Vol. 1;3/1/2006, p130
Chapter XXVII of the book "Peter Simple and the Three Cutters" is presented. It explores the plan of Peter and O'Brien to go to Plymouth and their meeting with the captain of the ship and his wife Mrs. To. It highlights the quantity devoured by Mrs. To during a dinner set on board with Simple,...
- Captain's Wife. Cherpak, Evelyn M. // Northern Mariner / Le Marin du Nord;Oct2012, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p445
A review of the book "Captain's Wife," by Abby Jane Morrell, abridged and edited by Vincent Mclnerny, volume 7 in the Seafarers Voices book series, is presented.
- A GREW CHRISTMAS. Ruggero, Renee // Cruise Travel;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p18
The article discusses how cruise-ship staffers celebrate Christmas onboard, without their families. It states that ship staffers work, 12 hours a day, seven days a week. During festive season, some stafers completely embrace the season, participating in all events and parties. Ship-crew members...
- The Sea Captain's Wife: A True Story of Love, Race and War in the Nineteenth Century. Mudgett, Jill // Vermont History;Summer/Fall2008, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p183
The article reviews the book "The Sea Captain's Wife: A True Story of Love, Race & War in the Nineteenth Century," by Martha Hodes.
- The Sea Captain's Wife: A True Story of Love, Race, and War in the Nineteenth Century. Hinkkanen, Merja-Liisa // International Journal of Maritime History;Dec2007, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p470
The article reviews the book "The Sea Captain's Wife: A True Story of Love, Race, and War in the Nineteenth Century," by Martha Hodes.
- Chapter Six: A Battle with Birds. Reid, Mayne // Land of Fire: A Tale of Adventure;1930, p23
Chapter Six of the book "The Land of Fire," by Mayne Reid is presented. It explores the efforts of the seafarers to have their food to eat in the island and the discussion of the Seagriff concerning the possible plants that will serve as their foods. It highlights the acquaintances of the...