FOR LASTING PREVENTION: PEST CONTROL PRIMER
- New Jersey holds annual clam bake. // Pest Control;Jan96, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the 48th annual Clinic, Trade Show and Clam Bake for pest controllers held by the New Jersey Pest Control Association. Statement made by Lloyd Smigel, management consultant; Details of the PSP program.
- Pest control extravaganza honors industry's finest. // Pest Control;Jan2000, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p58
Presents the awardees of the 1999 Pest Control Hall of Fame, honored during the National Pest Management Association's annual convention. Awardees include Stanley Baker, Norm Cooper, Norm Ehmann and Otto Orkin; Selection criteria; Significance of the award on the industry; Other recognitions...
- 2000 Hall of Fame Nominating Under Way. // Pest Control;Mar2000, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p82
Reports on the 2000 Pest Control Hall of Fame inductees. Announcement of the winners.
- Home Inspector Regulations Could Snag PMPs. Rosenberg, Bob; Harrington, Gene // Pest Control;Apr2000, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p32
Answers inquiries on the proposed home inspector regulations affecting the pest management industry in the United States. Position of the National Pest Management Association on the subject; Issues that pest management firms are most concerned about; Forecasts of the regulations' impact on the...
- PPMA Progress Forges Ahead. // Pest Control;Aug2000, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p66
Reports on a media campaign launched by the Professional Pest Management Alliance. Distribution of articles to newspapers, radio stations, and consumer magazines outlining points of interest for consumers on seasonal pest issues; Use of a clipping service; Crisis communications. INSET: Studies...
- Ace Pest DETECTIVE. // Pest Control;Sep2000, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p70
Presents a hypothetical situation on pest control that readers of the 'Pest Control' magazine need to solve. Response from readers; Proposed solutions on the pest-control problems presented; Rationale behind the situationers.
- PEST CONTROL REPORT FROM LEGISLATIVE DAY. // Pest Control;Apr2001, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p32
Reports on highlights of the National Pest Management Association's National Legislative Day conference. Talks and conferences; Guests; Awards.
- Take Advantage of Pest Management Month. Goldglantz, Harvey // Pest Control;Jun2001, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p22
Comments on the advantages and opportunities derived from the Pest Management Month in the United States. Increase in the efforts of the pest control industry for public relations (PR) campaigns; Suggestions of strategies to generate positive PR for the industry; Benefits of the strategies.
- Don't Paint All Companies with the Same Brush. Agosta, David // Pest Control;Oct2001, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p5
Comments on the 'Your Comments Section' on August 2001 issue of the 'Pest Control,' magazine. Revenue of big pest management companies; Services offered; Comparison on the service charge between big and small pest management companies.