FOR SERIOUS EATERS: ALL-DAY CEREAL
- Prairie Pantry. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);2/15/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p4
The article presents the recipe "Mexican Hominy."
- Super Bowls. Good, Brian // Men's Health;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p102
Presents suggestions on preparing nutritious cereal mix. The Muscle Bowl; The Weight-loss Bowl; The Immunity Bowl.
- HOT CEREAL TIPS. Zelko, Nancy // Organic Gardening (08973792);Oct88, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p43
Discusses tips on preparing cereals. Sprinkling of each serving with two teaspoons of toasted oats; Addition of roasted nuts or seeds; 'Raspberry-Vanilla Cream.'
- Go Wheat-Free. Gursche, Christel // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jul2002, Issue 237, p70
Contains recipes for grain. Millet-Applejack Pancake; Spiced Rye Bread; Sunflower Seed Pate; Rolled Oat Muffins.
- Cereal Stress-Killer. Goins, Liesa // Men's Health;Mar2005, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p66
Presents information on the results of a 2005 study from Wales on the health benefits of cereals. Effect of regular consumption of breakfast cereal on health; Decline in the levels of cortisol, a hormone that rises with stress.
- Go with the whole grains. Hammock, Delia A. // Good Housekeeping;Feb2005, Vol. 240 Issue 2, p88
Provides information on whole grain products in the U.S. Health benefits provided by whole grains; Advice on avoiding fake whole grain products.
- SOME LIKE IT HOT. Harradine, Gabrielle // Vegetarian Times;Feb2009, Issue 365, p20
A chart is presented that offers information on some quick-cooking cereal grains.
- A wake-up call to health concerns. // Food Manufacture;Autumn2004 Supp NPD, p14
The article reports that cereal makers in Britain are in pressures to put nutrition first. The article adds that the ready to-eat (RTE) cereals business is not exactly booming. Mintel estimates that Great Britain sales will grow by Just 6% in value over the next four years, compared with 34% in...
- Make Your Own WHOLE-GRAIN CEREALS. Langevin, Bob // Mother Earth News;Oct/Nov2005, Issue 212, p102
Presents an article about grain cereals. Preparation of grain cereals for breakfast; Advantages of quality whole grains over processed products; Suppliers of whole grain cereals.