BEYOND MASHED AND FRIED: POTATO COMFORT
- Vegetables and crops are a perfect partnership. Poskitt, Guy // Crops;9/8/2012, p46
The article focuses on the farmer Guy Poskitt who has received Arable Farmer of the Year in England. It notes that Poskitt is passionate with potatoes and growing which are vital role in his arable business. It mentions that he is one of the retailer's biggest suppliers of carrots and he is also...
- Demand spurring potato production. // Frozen Food Age;Sep96, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the expected increase in the production of potato in the United States in 1996. Increase in the demand of French fry markets; Amount of frozen potato products consumed by the Americans.
- A new age for the ancient potato. Werner, Louis // Americas;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p36
Comments on the work at the International Potato Center in Lima, Peru, where scientists are revolutionizing potato cultivation worldwide. The potato's agronomic and nutritional properties; The breeding of new varieties and the collection of new species; Potatoes in the Inca Empire; Work of...
- Potato pack ahead 4.8% in first half of '97: AFFI. // Frozen Food Age;Oct97, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p22
Deals with the sales growth of frozen potato pack from January to June 1997 in the United States. French fry pack sales performance; Statistics on the sales performance of various potato products.
- This spud's for you. Goldberg, Bruce // Colorado Business Magazine;May96, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p41
Reports on the National Potato Promotion Board's goal of increasing at-home potato dinners. Background information on the board; Availability of the menu-planning software called Ready, Set, Dinner; Creation of a television commercial; Public relations tie-in with the National Aeronautics and...
- Potato outlook: New bars, recipes available. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p78
Presents an outlook of the potato market in the United States. Establishment of potato bars; Marketing packet called `Potatoes Every Way You Want Them'.
- Potato supply and demand. // Farmers Weekly;9/3/2010, Vol. 153 Issue 9, p66
The author reports the progress of potato harvest at their Northwoods Farm in Lancashire, England and observes the high supply of potatoes as demand decreases.
- Untitled. Cooper, Olivia // Farmers Weekly;4/13/2012, Vol. 157 Issue 15, p38
The article reports on the developments in the potato market in Great Britain, particularly the sharp increase in prices to an average of as much as 8.25 pounds per ton to 125.54 pounds per ton in early April 2012.
- Spud plantings fall. Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;7/5/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on the output of potato plantings released by the British Potato Council. Number of hectares that were planted with potatoes; Reason for the decrease in yields.