Regional preference strong
- Fear of frying. Lewis, Len // Progressive Grocer;May98, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p95
Cites issues involved in the strategies used in seafood preparation designed to improve its sales and profitability. Inclusion of seafood in the development of prepared meals; Environmental and safety concerns in the use of seafoods in retail menus; Cold preparation; Price and convenience.
- SEAFOOD THAT'S SUPER. Fleet, Randall // Saturday Evening Post;Oct86, Vol. 258 Issue 7, p26
The article presents recipes for preparing seafood easily. The article also presents seafood guidelines for buying fresh fish, frozen fish and conventional and microwave cooking methods. It also says that a well-seasoned seafood chef will keep certain flavors, herbs and spices on hand for...
- Seafood rules at Fish Store's cooking school. McCollough, Kathy // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/10/97, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p47
Focuses on the seafood cooking classes offered at Fish Store in Bayport, New York under the management of proprietor George Werfelman. Popularity of the course among students; Menus prepared by Werfelman; Course content of the cooking classes.
- The Seafood Seasons. Hartnett, Michael // Frozen Food Age;Aug2006, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p18
The article recommends retailers and leading seafood brands to develop their marketing strategies for the Lenten season in the U.S. When seafood programs, both frozen and fresh, are given a higher profile, with additional sales incentives for shoppers and matched up with a huge consumer group...
- Getting kids hooked. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p70
Focuses on the efforts of several schools in the U.S. to promote seafood dishes to school children. Status of seafood consumption in private schools; Information on several seafood selections for elementary students; Seafood dishes that are considered popular in several schools in the U.S.
- ONE FISH, TWO FISH, GOOD FISH, GREEN FISH. Greenberg, Story: Paul; Seaver, Recipes: Barton // Cooking Light;05/01/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p120
The article discusses sustainable seafood choices. The author notes that determining the kind of seafood that is both good and sustainable can be challenging. An overview of sustainable choices of shrimp, striped bass, and wild American lobster are presented. Also presented are several seafood...
- Theoretical Aspects of Brand Building in Seafood Industry. Križanová, Anna; Majerová, Jana; Klieštik, Tomáš; Majerčák, Peter // Nase More;2013, Vol. 60 Issue 5/6, p105
The aim of this paper is to describe theoretical aspects of brand building in seafood industry, because of its perpectives and the lack of brand building practice in this field. According to this, basics elements of brands are described and brand building and tools of brand concept development...
- Seafood paradise. // Essence (Essence);Apr89, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p92
Describes the cuisine of St. Croix, which features seafood, a unique mingling of the seven countries that have ruled the island. Recipes.
- See Jane fish. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p10
Presents recipes for seafood. Sauteed catfish in raspberry-shallot sauce; Sauteed snapper with onions and golden raisins; Cindy's salmon with honey-mustard tarragon.