Fish-fries still reign
- Growing campus demand. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on the popularity of seafood dishes in universities in the U.S. Discussion on the increase in the demand for seafood dishes; Information on seafood procurement at Fox University; Discussion on the environmental program at Princeton University called Greening Princeton.
- WITH RECIPES & CREATIVITY: Fishing for answers. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p52
Focuses on the fish and seafood offerings in the U.S. Technique used by the University of California in fish preparation; Procedures in cooking the campfire salmon at Vanderbilt University; List of Web sites that offer fish recipes.
- One Fish, Two Fish. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Apr2009, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p54
The article presents several fish sandwich recipes that are known in the U.S. According to Heidi Gereighty, director of Dietary and Food Services Children's Hospital in Los Angeles (LA), the best selling seafood sandwich in LA is Fried Catfish Po' Boy, followed by the Fried Shrimp Po' Boy. Tony...
- HEALTHY, DELICIOUS AND SAFE: SHELLFISH ON THE MENU. Fiss, Mary Lassen // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p74
Focuses on shellfish dishes. Alaskan King Crab Chowder dish served at the City Club Bunker Hill, a private business dining club in Los Angeles, California; Clam fritters and crab cakes served at the Johnson & Wales University Club dining facility.
- Satisfying with Seafood. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;4/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p46
The article explores the strategies adopted by some college foodservice directors in the U.S. to offer fish and seafood dishes without going overbudget. Tom Driscoll, director of foodservice at the University of Oregon, relates the response of college students to sushi and to sustainable fish...
- Under the Sea. W. H. // FoodService Director;4/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p46
The article discusses how some college foodservice operators in the U.S. are promoting seafood as a healthy option for consumers. It provides an overview of the nutrients and health benefits from eating seafood. Gabriel Gomez, executive chef at Ronald Reagan University of California, Los Angeles...
- Seafood paradise. // Essence (Essence);Apr89, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p92
Describes the cuisine of St. Croix, which features seafood, a unique mingling of the seven countries that have ruled the island. Recipes.
- See Jane fish. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p10
Presents recipes for seafood. Sauteed catfish in raspberry-shallot sauce; Sauteed snapper with onions and golden raisins; Cindy's salmon with honey-mustard tarragon.
- The recipes. // Restaurant Business;07/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 13, p116
Presents recipes for various seafood dishes. New Orleans-Style `Barbecued Shrimp'; Soy Grilled Prawns with Buckwheat Soba Noodle Salad; Shrimp Cups; Mahi Sauce with Grapefruit Mojo and Black Bean Puree; Mackerel Putanesca; Pecan-Crusted Trout.