IN LARGER SIZES: POURING ON VALUE
- At CoreStates Ctr. in Phila.: Food for all tastes...and 114 points-of-sale. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p202
Focuses on the food service business at the CoreStates Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Features of the center's food service area; Offering of food options throughout the arena; Beverage innovations; Changes in action stations and bistro menus. INSET: The challenge: Food logistics on 5...
- Contractors vie for bottom-line victories via new pro sports teams, enhanced venues. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;9/11/95, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p43
Focuses on the efforts of contract food companies to tap in the growing market on stadiums and sports arenas in the United States. Increase in fan attendance; Efforts of major cities to build and renovate sports facilities; Expansion in the role of the contract companies in sport franchises;...
- 2000: 1st census finds contractors own 29% of sales. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p45
Deals with a report on the state of recreation food service operations in the United States in 2000. Contract food service firms that dominate the industry; Market shares of large and middle size food service contractors; Categories of the recreation market.
- Baseball play-offs are windfalls for concessionaires--if they happen. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/14/96, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p20
Focuses on the benefits of baseball play-offs to food concessionaires in light of the finalization of eight-team field for the Major League Baseball playoffs. Concessionaires selected by league; Background on the average gross for concessionaires of a good season; Downside of the trend.
- A new crop of sports stadiums means big business for foodservice providers. King // Nation's Restaurant News;10/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p18
Reports on the emergence of new professional stadiums and arenas in the United States that could mean business for foodservice providers. Major cities with new sports facilities; Venues as opportunities for the industry to showcase its dining operations.
- Wood Expands to Stadium. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p28
Talks about the contract of The Wood Co. to provide food service to the Lehigh Valley Stadium in Easton, Pennsylvania. Variety of services that Wood will provide to the stadium; Entrees for the corporate clientele; Past clients of Wood.
- The Drinking Age. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p50
Reports on food service operators' strategies to improve their cold beverage offerings in the United States. Beverage concept at the Frist Campus Center in Princeton University; Lackman Cuilnary Services' juice bar in New York City. INSET: A Coffee Oasis..
- GOLDY'S GROWS AND RIVER ROCK RE-OPENS. Morgan, Tara // Boise Weekly;6/8/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p36
The article offers news briefs related to food and beverages industry in Boise, Idaho including the business expansion of Goldy's coffeeshop which is co-owned by Wanda Martinat, the grand re-opening of River Rock Ale House as The River Rock Eagle on June 6, 2011, and the Southern seafood boil...
- Let Me Call You a Suite Cart. // Food Management;Apr2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p62
Focuses on the catering at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. Display of food in a three-in-one cart; Types of food offered.