CHUCK AND ROUND ROASTS: USDA makes second bonus beef buy
- USDA issues guidelines for interim voluntary country-of-origin labeling. // Refrigerated Transporter;Nov2002, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p9
Reports on the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) issuance of interim voluntary country-of-origin labeling guidelines for certain commodities as required in the 2002 Farm Bill. Inclusion of frozen fruits and vegetables in the agency's definition of 'covered commodity'; Response of the...
- Surprising buy from U.S. aids pear growers. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8, pA21
Reports that the United States Department of Agriculture is planning to buy a large volume of canned pears in the United States in 2000. Comparison of the total volume of pear shipped to the country in 2000 and in 1999.
- Flash! Friedman, Michael // Frozen Food Age;Mar1998, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p5
Presents several news affecting the frozen foods industry. Postponement of the rules on the salt content of foods labeled `healthy' by the US Department of Agriculture; Theory about the cause of the February 2, 1998 explosion at York International Corporation's plant; Schedule and venue of...
- Vegetable processors plan for recovery. // Prepared Foods;Jun94, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the recovery efforts of canned and frozen vegetable packers in the United States for 1994. Contracting for more than one million acres of corn, peas and green beans; Percent of increase in acreage contracted; Factors for the low production in 1993.
- Expanding the Audience. // Prepared Foods;Nov2000, Vol. 169 Issue 11, p108
Provides information on the market expansion of canned food industry in different countries. Reasons consumers prefer frozen ready meals; Projection on the sales growth of ready meals by the year 2004.
- MODERATION DOES IT. Thompson, Stephanie // Advertising Age;6/27/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 26, Special Section pS-12
Reports on the status of the U.S. ice cream industry as of June 2005. Concern of ice cream companies on the effect of the revisions made to the food pyramid of the U.S. Department of Agriculture on the sales of their classic treats; Products released by several ice cream producers to compete in...
- Family in Foods. Dorich, Alan // Food & Drink;Summer2011, p74
The article presents a brief profile of Town & Country Foods. The foodservice company boasts of being inspected by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) everyday, according to owner Janet Lapin. Town & Country specializes in distributing merchandise that restaurants need, particularly fresh...
- Veggies-What's in a Can? // Food Management;Jul2007 Supplement, Vol. 42, p8
The article focuses on the information provided by the Canned Vegetable Council regarding canned vegetables, one of the original value-added products in the food industry in the U.S. It is graded according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines on maturity, color, tenderness,...
- 'Fast' foods from freezer rely on phosphates. Berry, Donna // National Provisioner;Jan2012, Vol. 226 Issue 1, p20
The article focuses on the utilization of phosphates in frozen foods. It mentions that phosphate is the key ingredients for the protein components of frozen meal foods. It states that phosphate can support food processing and amend the eating quality of agricultural products. It notes that the...