HOW TO WORK AROUND: FOOD INTOLERANCES
- Food allergy or food intolerance? Brown, Edwin // Medical Update;Dec97, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p2
Discusses the difference between food intolerance and food allergy. Difficulties encountered by persons with lactase deficiency, an example of food intolerance; Cause and solution of food intolerance; Most common of food allergic reactions; Cause of the most common food allergies. INSET: If...
- snapshot FOOD ALLERGIES AND INTOLERANCE. Kooser, Amanda C. // Restaurant Business;Jul2007, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p14
The article offers news briefs related to cases of food allergies and intolerance in the United States. The rate of children six years old and below who suffer from food allergies ranges from six to eight percent. One in 133 Americans has celiac disease brought by intolerance to protein gluten....
- Family nutrition health & safety. Kelly, Elizabeth; Fallows, Carol // Australia's Parents;Jun/Jul99, Issue 111, p50
Presents several news on nutrition. Information on the survey conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics on the eating habits of Australians; Alfalfa sprouts as a source of salmonella; Lactose malabsorption and depressions.
- Isolation and characterization of probiotic Bacillus subtilis SK09 from dairy effluent. Sreekumar, G.; Krishnan, Soundarajan // Indian Journal of Science & Technology;Aug2010, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p863
Health promoting microorganisms such as probiotics are recently been used as food additive and therapeutic supplement especially as enhancer of prophylaxis and digestion. Here we report the isolation and characterization of a probiotic bacillus species, with the ability to ferment lactose, from...
- Gut reaction. Netherwood, Cathy // Australian Parents;Jun/Jul2004, p54
Presents information on food allergies in children. Main reactions to food; Treatment of allergies; Symptoms of lactose intolerance.
- Help for Food Allergies. Jackson, Kate // Today's Diet & Nutrition;Aug2010, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including food allergy, lactose intolerance, and beverages.
- Milk doesn't always do a body good. Mogelonsky, Marcia // American Demographics;Jan95, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p47
Reports on lactose intolerance among the Americans. Lactose tablets; Decrease in the production of lactase; Percentage of people who suffer from lactose intolerance; Effects on the dairy industry.
- High intestinal lactase concentration in adult Pakistanis. Rab, S.M.; Baseer, A. // British Medical Journal;2/21/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6007, p436
Examines the prevalence of lactase deficiency among adult Pakistani. Participation of healthy Pakistani in the study; Factors contributing to the high intestinal lactase activity of Pakistanis; Use of a Nelson-Somogyi method in determining the blood glucose of the participants.
- Lactose intolerance: How is nutrition balanced? // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the nutritional aspects of lactose intolerance. Essential minerals needed by individuals with lactose intolerance; Recommended servings of vegetables, dairy products, fish and seafood and other foods allowed for individuals with lactose intolerance.