- University of Georgia, Athens. King // Nation's Restaurant News;11/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p48
Reports on the foodservice operations at the University of Georgia headed by foodservice director J. Michael Floyd. Splitting up of menu themes among the university's three residence dining halls; Student's unlimited access to the three units; Guidebook listing food on the menu available everyday.
- How'd You End Up Working in Noncommercial Foodservice? Floyd, J. Michael; Feldman, Lisa; Smith, Adam // Food Management;Sep2014, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p48
The article provides several answers of a question by various professionals of the food industry including Lisa Feldman, J. Michael Floyd and Adam Smith on their experience to end working in noncommercial foodservice.
- Woman with an "art"-itude. // FoodService Director;1/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p22
The article focuses on the interest of Mary Keysor, foodservice director at Maine Medical Center in Portland, in art. According to Keysor, the creativity she displays in her art also helps her to conceptualize solutions to problems she encounters in her job as foodservice director for the...
- Artful Visionary. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p37
The article looks at the contributions of Mary Keysor, director of the department of food and nutrition services at Maine Medical Center in Portland. Keysor was greatly surprised to find herself in demand upon her arrival in the state. At the medical center, she contributed to the creation of...
- Marketer Extraordinaire. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p28
Reports on University of Georgia foodservice director J. Michael Floyd's improvement of the university food service's marketing program. Importance of marketing to the university's food service program; Scope of the university's marketing efforts; Major accomplishments.
- Product of NACUFS. Floyd, J. Michael // FoodService Director;9/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p20
The article features J. Michael Floyd, foodservices executive director at the University of Georgia in Athens, as he talks about being a product of the National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS), as a student and as foodservices director at Georgia's Valdosta State College.
- upfront. // Food Management;Dec2004, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p8
This article focuses on the foodservices. University of Georgia director of foodservices J. Michael Floyd, on the middling success of a recent "silverware amnesty week" at the school. Students were given a chance to return-anonymously any items they had taken from the dining halls. In the end...
- transitions. // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p18
The article announces the promotions, appointments and retirements of several food service directors and executives including Eric Webb at the University of Wyoming, Vijay Sharma at Sodexho USA and Mary Keysor at Maine Medical Center.
- milestones. // FoodService Director;7/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p14
The article announces several personnel changes and award presentations in the U.S. food service sector including J. Michael Floyd, promoted to executive director of foodservices at the University of Georgia in Athens, the 2008 Illuminating Excellence Award to Stan Hodes, executive chief and...