WITH FOOD SAFETY EMPHASIS: U-Wisconsin re-opens kitchen
- Going for Great. // FoodService Director;10/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p16
The article features the distinctive dining concepts at the new Union South at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. Working with student focus groups, Wisconsin Unions foodservice team led by Carl Korz created five dining concepts that combine a special menu set and restaurant-influenced...
- Twenty-second Grabfest Promotes Campus C-store. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;11/19/2014, p6
The article focuses on the Flamingo Run Run conceived by Cathy Ness, food service administrator for the Rheta's Market operation of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Topics covered include the goal of the school to provide an entertainment event for Halloween, the estimated cost of the...
- U-WI Opens New Dining Hall. // Food Management;Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p13
The article reports that the University of Wisconsin in Madison has opened Rheta, a renovated dining hall at Chadbourne Residential College. The new eatery, which was named for Rheta McCutchin, the former director of residential dining, features six stations which include Kosher that has kosher...
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICES VIE FOR STUDENTS' DELIVERY ORDERS. // FoodService Director;10/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p38
The article focuses on the increasing number of food delivery services providers that are competing to offer delivery in college campuses in the U.S. Topics include the designation of the University of Wisconsin-Madison as third among the colleges with highest volumes of restaurant deliveries,...
- In-house brands step to the plate. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on the food service at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, and how it solved the mealtime requirements by remodeling, expanding and in-house branding. Comments from Jane Dunn, director of food & nutrition services; benefits of the installation of a foodcourt and reach-in...
- UW Health to Stop Selling Sugary Drinks. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/31/2014, p2
The article reports on the plan of UW Health, an organization that represents the health care entities of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, to eliminate sugary drinks from its cafeterias by the end of 2014 to encourage patients, employees and visitors to consume healthier alternatives.
- Univ. of Wisconsin accused of minority data sham. // Jet;12/24/90 - 12/31/90, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p25
Presents the results of a report by the Minority Coalition at the University of Wisconsin at Madison on charges that the university tampered with enrollment figures on graduation of minority students.
- Banning ethnic slurs on campus. // Newsweek;4/24/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 17, p68
Discusses recent action by the University of Wisconsin's Board of Regents that sets up a range of penalties for ethnic slurs on campus. The penalties may face a court challenge by the local chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
- University of Wisconsin opens amenity-laden residence hall. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;10/1/2012, p19
The article reports on the opening of Dejope Hall at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.