KAREN SWEATT, BROWARD COUNTY: School mgr. links food, education
- Gordon Food Service Food Show. // Southeast Food Service News;Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p13
Photographs of several participants during the Gordon Food Service Food Show, which was held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on April 21, 2010, including John Stathos, Tarra Mata, and Rick Lanni are presented.
- divine dining. Richmond, Akasha // Vegetarian Times;Jan2004, Issue 317, p31
Evaluates the Sublime Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Owners of the restaurant; Recommended appetizers. INSET: Hot tip.
- Cooking the Cowboy Way. Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2005, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p17
This article describes the Johnny V restaurant owned by chef Johnny Vinczencz in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. In addition to the dining room, guests can enjoy eating while seated at an outdoor table, a spot from which they can view the passing parade on Las Olas Boulevard. Inside, guests can skip...
- Appeals to new market with healthy menu items. Cebrzynski, Gregg // Nation's Restaurant News;03/13/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p1
Reports the marketing strategy of Arby's sandwich restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Adults as market focus of the restaurant; Concept of the 30-second television advertisement; Schedule of public release for the packaging and point-of-purchase campaign of the restaurant.
- Electrolux North America unveils Culinary Event Center. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/18/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 29, p54
Reports that Electrolux Professional North America has launched its new Culinary Event Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Primary purpose of Culinary Event Center; Use of the center to create new concepts and gather feedbacks on existing products from customers; Estimate of cost for the...
- See 25% Increase Ahead: Local vendors, to-go units `revive' f/s at Fla. airport. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p56
Provides information on the renovation of the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, Florida. Addition of food service facilities; Food service revenue at the airport in 1999; Restaurants at the airport; Ready-to-go meals offered by CA One; Description of the renovated facilities of...
- Balzano stays hot in competitive south Florida market. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;7/25/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p22
Profiles independent chef-operator and restaurateur, Rino Balzano, who operates several restaurants in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Career history of Balzano; Reasons behind the success of Balzano's restaurant businesses; Balzano's assessment of the Fort Lauderdale restaurant business.
- NRA honors Hurst for lifetime of achievement in foodservice education. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/19/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p4
Reports that the National Restaurant Association (NRA) Educational Foundation awarded Michael E. Hurst with the first ever Lifetime Achievement Award at his restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Citation of Hurst's contributions in food service education; Induction of Hurst into the NRA...
- Tyco in Ft. Lauderdale: `Fresh' dishes, to-order shatter cafeteria myths. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p40
Provides information on the Profiles program of food service contractor Eurest at Tyco International in Fort Lauderdale, Florida designed to eliminate misconceptions about cafeteria food. Description of the program; Revenue for the Tyco cafeteria in 1999; Cafeteria stations; Preparation for the...