Preparing for a Healthier Future
- 1995 salary survey. // Addiction Letter;Jun95, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p7
Presents a graph and a chart showing the income of drug abuse counselors in the United States, based on the 1995 salary survey by the `Addiction Letter.'
- Training study released. // Alcoholism Report;May94, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p7
Comments on the release of a study investigating the training needs of alcohol and other drug (AOD) counselors. Peninsula Health Concepts, a health care firm based in San Mateo, California; Funding for the research; Highlights of the survey.
- Watts/Talent reintroduce bill pushing faith-based treatment. // Alcoholism Report;Apr97, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the bill introduced by Republican Representatives J.C. Watts and Jim Talent to equate religious training with professional drug treatment and prevention education for drug addiction counselors. Cites from the bill; Requirement of the state to undertake a review of credentialing...
- Addiction counseling gets financial boost. Liyakasa, Kelly // Westchester County Business Journal;1/4/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the financial aid given to several colleges in the Hudson Valley, New York by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services to increase training programs for addictions counselors.
- Confidentiality: The legal and ethical issues for chemical dependency counselors. Manhal-Baugus, Monique // Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling;Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
Reports that both chemical dependency clients and counselors expect information shared are kept confidential. Codification of counseling standard in legal and professional ethical standards; Types of disclosures which require proper authorization of client; Explanation of legal standards and...
- Reducing risk of malpractice in chemical dependency counseling. Manhal-Baugus, Monique // Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling;Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p35
Explores the issue of malpractice and ethical codes which are relevant to drug abuse counselors. Explanation of three ethical and legal areas; Four elements of malpractice which have to be proved to initiate liability; Vignettes illustrating dilemmas on ethical situations.
- Substance Abuse Counselor Certification Requirements: Is It Time for a Change? Mustaine, Beverly L.; West, Paul L.; Wyrick, Barry K. // Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling;Apr2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p99
The minimum professional training requirements of 32 state certifying bodies for substance abuse counselors were analyzed. Only 14 of the certifying boards included any of the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs core knowledge areas in their training...
- NAADAC Approved Education Providers. // Addiction Professional;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 8 Issue 2, pN9
The article presents a list of education providers approved by the Association for Addiction Professionals that includes the Drexel University College of Medicine/Behavioral Healthcare Education, Loyola Marymount University Extension Public Health Studies and Olympic College.
- ABSTRACTS. // Gerontologist;Oct2000 Special Issue, Vol. 40, p134
Presents several abstracts about nursing assistants and health promotion. `Attitudes of Nursing Assistants Toward Their Status As Health Care Workers and Toward Their Role As Primary Care Givers in a Nursing Home,' by P. Passeltiner; `Lessons Learned: Health Promotion in Long Term Care--The...