- State Civil Litigation Notes. A. S. L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Mar2009, p50
The article discusses several state court cases as of March 2009. The jury of the San Diego Superior Court in California found that four San Diego firefighters who were forcibly assigned to operate a fire truck at the annual gay pride parade were victims of sexual harassment and were due to...
- A Firefighter in Action. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/18/99, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p2
Describes a day in the life of a fireman.
- Person of the Year. // Know Your World Extra;4/25/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p12
Salutes New York City's firefighters as 'Know Your World Extra' Persons of the Year. Number of members of the New York City Fire Department who died on September 11, 2001.
- The smoke jumpers. Jenne, M. // Boys' Life;Nov90, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p16
Describes what it is like to be a Smoke Jumper, men and women who parachute into remote areas to fight fires. How they protect themselves; Danger involved; What the planes carry.
- Supplying firefighters with a life-saving message. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/23/98, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p8
No abstract available.
- Atlanta firefighters wage battle to keep beards. // Jet;2/26/90, Vol. 77 Issue 20, p12
Reports on a battle between 12 black Atlanta firefighters and their departments over the right to wear beards in fire-fighting duties.
- Rural firemen. McCaig, D. // Country Journal;Mar/Apr89, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p79
Report on the life of volunteer firemen.
- Firefighters don more urban hats. DeQuine, Jeanne // Christian Science Monitor;6/18/96, Vol. 88 Issue 142, p1
Reports that firefighters in Miami, Florida are assuming government duties that are not related to their traditional activities. Television franchise contracts; Employee risk management; Homeless services; Expansion of firefighters into social services; Aim of giving firefighters duties when...
- The fireground officer: Just a backup system? Earl, Stanley E. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p89
Focuses on the description and responsibilities of a type of firefighter called a fireground officer. Dependence on automated systems; Fireground officer training; Author's experience as a fireground officer.