SPIRITUALITY & SEXUALITY: A PROGRAM FOR WOMEN IN RECOVERY
- SUNDAY KIND OF LOVE. WINFREY HARRIS, TAMARA // Bitch Magazine: Feminist Response to Pop Culture;Spring2015, Issue 66, p46
The article examines the issues of sex and spirituality in the African-American church. Topics discussed include how much of the Black community insists that the antidote for the hypersexual Jezebel stereotype is for Black women to work harder to follow the rules of female beauty, piety,...
- Masturbation, Salvation, and Desire: Connecting Sexuality and Religiosity in Colonial Mexico. Tortorici, Zeb // Journal of the History of Sexuality;Sep2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p355
The article discusses the case of female autoeroticism concerning poor and ordinary women in colonial Mexico. The author mentions the 1621 Inquisition case against Agustina Ruiz of Mexico which shows how sexuality, erotic visions, and physical desire often merged with religious devotion in a...
- Sexuality and Spirituality: A Humanist Account. Helminiak, Daniel A. // Pastoral Psychology;Nov98, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p119
Typical accounts of spirituality define it by association with religious faith and especially one's relationship with God. Without impugning the validity of theological considerations, this humanist account treats spirituality apart from them. Whereas the standard model of the human being is...
- Lenten Wednesday Evening Series on Sex and Spirituality. // CLGS Newsletter;Mar2012, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p4
The article offers information regarding special series of short meditations on sexuality and spirituality on Lent Wednesday Evening to be held at New Spirit Community Church, Berkeley, California.
- complexities & contradictions. Om, Hari // Ascent Magazine;Autumn2007, Issue 35, p5
The article introduces various articles in the issue related to sex and spirituality, including ones by Noah Levine, Daphne Marlatt, and Eileen Delehanty Pearkes.
- Linking flesh and spirit glorifies both. Batz, Jeannette // National Catholic Reporter;6/29/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p20
Focuses on the debate over issues on linking sex with spirituality. Consideration of prayer and meditation as erotic factors; Value of sublimated creative energies of lust; Evolution of mystical experience.
- Transpersonal Psychology at 45. Hartelius, Glenn // International Journal of Transpersonal Studies;2012, Vol. 31 Issue 2, piii
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the dissipative processes in psychology, spirituality and hallucinogen use, and sexuality as a transformational path.
- FIND YOUR BLISS. Arnold-Ratliff, Katie // O, The Oprah Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p56
The article presents suggestions regarding cooking, spirituality, and sex.
- Town and country. Allen, Dan; Boothe, Karen Louise; Durkin, Danielle; Kronenberg, Gali; Parker, Ray // Advocate;8/20/2002, Issue 869/870, p30
Focuses on the different ways to express sexuality in the U.S. Challenges of monogamy and nonmonogamy; Link between sexuality and spirituality; Levels of sexual experiences.