HOW INFORMATIVE ON MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND THEIR TREATMENTS ARE BLACK-ORIENTED MAGAZINES COMPARED TO WHITE-ORIENTED MAGAZINES?
- 20 Minutes That Can Save Your Life. Davis, Kimberly // Ebony;Jul2000, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p68
Stresses the importance to Afro-Americans of undergoing annual medical check-ups. Deterrents associated with annual visits; Important considerations in order to make the visit a productive one; Pieces of advice on how to address the fear about going to a doctor.
- Keeping Dad Physically Fit. LaGrand, Wendell A. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;6/16/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p15
The article focuses on the author's insights on the importance of regular medical exams to keep African American men physically fit.
- DON'T DITCH THE DOC. R. R. P. // Working Mother;Apr2010, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p16
The article focuses on a study published in the "American Journal of Preventive Medicine" which revealed that African Americans with controllable conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure frequently fail to have sufficient care, resulting to hospitalization at younger age.
- Actor Samuel L. Jackson Featured In August EBONY. // Jet;7/21/2003, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p50
Deals with the contents of the August 2003 issue of the African-American periodical, "Ebony."
- TWO NEW JOURNALS. // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);1989, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p122
Features several periodicals on African people published in 1988. 'Journal of African Psychology,' edited by Karl Peltzer, Peter O. Ebigbo, Remi Colignan, Chirly dos Santos-Stubbe and Hannes Stubbe; 'African Languages and Cultures,' edited by Graham Furniss.
- EBONY Magazine Introduces Its New Look At Schomburg Center Reception In New York. // Jet;7/21/2003, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p48
Deals with the re-launching of "Ebony Magazine," in New York City in July, 2003. Information on the attendees of the event; Sponsors of the event; Description of the launching celebrations.
- BACKSTAGE. // Ebony;Aug1986, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p27
The article presents a brief history of the "Ebony" magazine from its creation in 1956 to 1986.
- PUBLISHER'S STATEMENT. // Ebony;Aug1986, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p30
An introduction to the August 1986 issue of the "Ebony" magazine is presented.
- Smoking is more dangerous for black Americans. Tanne, Janice Hopkins // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/11/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7151, p98
Provides information on two articles and an editorial appearing in the periodical `Journal of the American Medical Association' volume 280, stating that black Americans are more likely to die from lung cancer and than white Americans. Names of the persons who conducted a study on cigarette...