The Skype solution
- E-Hospital: Medical Opinion from Global Experts. // India -- West;5/6/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p40A
The article reports on the Mumbai, India-based MediAngels, a virtual hospital, which offers online medical consultation to health problems from global experts.
- The development of telemedicine in Madagascar. Ramalanjaona, Georges // Journal of Telemedicine & Telecare;Apr2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p161
The article focuses on the telemedicine in Madagascar supported by the Malagasy government, World Bank and United Nations. It states that Madagascar telemedicine programs include Pan-African e-Network and e-Health Telemedicine Programme sponsored by the government and University of Antananarivo....
- Dial-a-Derm. Lewis, Wendy // Plastic Surgery Practice;Aug2015, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p28
The article discusses on the use of telecommunication and information technologies to provide clinical health care including videoconferencing, email, and wireless communications. It also speaks about virtual consultations offered by plastic surgeons by means of email, the telecommunications...
- Electronic consultations (e-consults) to improve access to specialty care: A systematic review and narrative synthesis. Vimalananda, Varsha G.; Gupte, Gouri; Seraj, Siamak M.; Orlander, Jay; Berlowitz, Dan; Fincke, Benjamin G.; Simon, Steven R. // Journal of Telemedicine & Telecare;Sep2015, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p323
Background We define electronic consultations (â€œe-consultsâ€) as asynchronous, consultative, provider-to-provider communications within a shared electronic health record (EHR) or web-based platform. E-consults are intended to improve access to specialty expertise for patients and...
- Helpful Resource. Franks, Michael G. // PN;Sep2009, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p11
A letter to the editor is presented which offers the website CareCure Community, located at http://sci.Rutgers.edu/forum/index.php, for practical advice related to spinal cord injury (SCI).
- How I used IT to streamline my practice. Gordon, Shane // Pulse;5/27/2009, Vol. 69 Issue 18, p38
The article reviews the Web site silver surfers.
- Practices dip their toes in e-consult fee charging. Topham-Kindley, Liane // New Zealand Doctor;7/2/2014, p18
The article reports on the message of New Zealand Medical Association chairman Mark Peterson on the undecided charges for electronic consultations of general practices through patient portals.
- Online Care Program Offers Live Consultations With Pharmacists. // Chain Drug Review;8/29/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p59
The article reviews the web site Rite Aid Online Care, located at RiteAidOnlineCare.com, from Rite Aid Corp.
- Patients' records accessible 24/7. // New Zealand Doctor;3/24/2010, p40
The article reports on the "Manage My Health" patient portal launched by the Counties Manukao Primary Health Organization (PHO) and Medtech Ltd. in 2008 that enable patients to interact with their general practice online.