Health records lost in delivery debacle
- Complaints prompt review of Canada Post operations. // Traffic World;9/11/95, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p25
Reports that the Canadian government has announced that it will conduct a sweeping review of Canada Post's commercial operations in response to complaints from a wide range of business groups including courier and trucking firms. First review of the government agency in ten years; Financial...
- Canadian post office under scrutiny. // Traffic World;04/28/97, Vol. 250 Issue 4, p57
Reports on the Canadian government's evaluation of new business directives for Canada Post Corp. Possible sale of the post office's courier operations to concentrate on delivering letters and parcels; Aim of improving Canada Post's profitability; Lower standards of the post office than those in...
- A Pyrrhic victory for postal workers. Robson, John // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;10/2/95, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p8
Asserts that a smoothed-over spat between management and labor at Canada Post may point to the monopoly's impending disintegration. Background of the dispute, relating to a proposal to close the main post office in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Canada Post stamps on its rivals. Cosh, Colby // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/31/95, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p6
Informs that private couriers in Canada fear that a price increase on postage will unfairly favor Canada Post Corporation (CPC), their government-run competitor. Amount of the increase; Losses by CPC in fiscal years 1993-1994 and 1994-1995; Details of CPC's monopoly on postal service;...
- Canada Issues Two Envelopes. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;8/15/2003, Vol. 193 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the commemorative envelopes issued by Canada Post honoring the Canadian Signalling Corps and the Granby Zoo in July 2003.
- Canada Corner: The 1990-91 Rate Change Stamps. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;8/15/2003, Vol. 193 Issue 7, p39
Reports on the three booklet panes of postage stamps issued by Canada Post on December 28, 1990 for use in meeting their new rates for 1991.
- The High Technology in Canada 1996 Booklet. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;2/6/2004, Vol. 194 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the issuance of a stamp booklet by the Canada Post.
- Canada Continues College Series. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;3/11/2005, Vol. 196 Issue 10, p5
Presents information on a single domestic rate stamp issued by Canada Post in honor of the 100th anniversary of the Nova Scotia Agricultural College as part of the ongoing college series celebrating educational institutions in Canada in March 2005.
- Canada repeats history with 1998 Lunar New Year pack. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;03/20/98, Vol. 182 Issue 12, p20
Announces the sale by Canada Post Corp. of Lunar New Year packs of postage stamps. Availability of Zodiac-inspired stamps; Inclusion of souvenir sheet about stamp designers and illustrators.