Food safety summit advocates research on drug resistance
- Historic decision on vitamins. // Food & Drink Technology;Sep2004, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p17
The article presents information that the Codex Alimentarius Commission, the global advisory body on food regulations, has made an important advance in the progress of universal guidelines on the use of vitamins and minerals in food supplements. The option to use a multiple of the Recommended...
- Introduction. // WHO Technical Report Series;2009, Issue 954, p1
Information on several topics discussed at the Joint Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)/ World Health Organization (WHO) Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA) meeting in Geneva, Switzerland on October 21-29, 2008 is presented. It mentions that David Heymann opened...
- Euro news. // Food & Drink Technology;Sep2007, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
The article offers news briefs related to food and drinks technology in Europe. Codex Alimentarius Commission had approved modern additional guidelines on handling chicken to fight salmonella and campylobacter worldwide. The World Trade Organization (WTO) negotiators had returned to Geneva that...
- U.N. of the food world. Sachs, S. // FDA Consumer;Feb1990, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p28
Presents an inside look at the workings of a little-known organization known as Codex Alimentarius, a group that has a large influence on international food trade. Includes list of members of Codex Alimentarius Commission. INSET: General agreement on tariff and trades, by S.S..
- Clash of interests at UN food watchdog. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;4/24/93, Vol. 138 Issue 1870, p4
Reports on an investigation showing that pressure from multinational food companies on the Codex Alimentarius commission, which makes recommendations to governments on issues such as food safety, quality and labelling, could lower global food standards. `Cracking the Codex,' a report by the...
- CA Comments on Risk to Codex. // Consumer Comments;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
Highlights the April 2000 meeting of the Codex Alimentarius Commission on the precautionary principle, which was proposed to be included in the commission's risk analysis of food safety.
- Tracing DNA--a debate in Codex. // Consumer Comments;Fall2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the debate about food safety and biotechnology food at the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- EDITORIAL. Goodman, Sandra // Positive Health;Apr2008, Issue 146, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one about the physiological effects of dietary fiber and other vitamins and another about the aims and objectives of Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- India must follow Codex Alimentarius standards, says 8th Nutra India Summit Chairman. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;3/23/2013, p14
The article discusses the comment of V. Prakash, chairman of the 8th Nutra India Summit, that India must follow Codex Alimentarius standards.