- Focus on the big fish. Raghanti, John // Modern Healthcare;3/25/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p27
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Heads in the Cloud," in the March 11, 2013 issue, which discusses the interoperability of electronic health records (EHR).
- Meaningful Use Stage 2 Requirements. Potter, Mary M. A. // New Perspectives on Healthcare Risk Management, Control & Govern;Fall2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p18
The article presents questions and answers related to the Meaningful Use initiatives in medical information technology (IT) including the differences in Stage 2 objectives, the challenges in Core Measures, and how could internal auditors could get involved.
- Wolters Kluwer to use MEA's FastAttach solution for esMD. // Medical Device Daily;3/21/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 55, p4
The article reports on the partnership entered into by Medical Electronic Attachment with Wolers Kluwer Law & Business which will allow it to participate in the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) electronic submission of medical documents via the eHealth Exchange.
- HIT roundup. // Medical Device Daily;3/21/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 55, p4
The article reports on the national interoperability validated by Delaware Health Information Network (DHIN) and Kansas Health Information Network (KHIN) through facilitating the secure exchange of patient records between each organization via Direct messaging.
- IT Update. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Dec2011, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p14
This section offers information technology (IT) news briefs, including a U.S. House bill that gives more legal protections to providers who have implemented electronic health record systems, a smartphone application that accurately assesses vital signs, and a survey which found that 46% of all...
- ITUpdate. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Feb2013, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p16
The article offers news briefs related to the health information technology in the U.S. which include approval of the 2014 Edition Test Method for Electronic Health Record Certification, a report on the issues about home services, and legislation to increase support for telehealth efforts.
- Few derms yet embrace EMR, but Internet a boon for training, teledermatology. Jesitus, John // Dermatology Times;Jan2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p1
The article reveals that few dermatologists in the United States have embraced comprehensive systems such as electronic medical records. However, sources predict that this trend will change with the healthcare industry's growing emphasis on efficiency and accountability. The article discusses...
- CLICK LIST. // Journal of AHIMA;Jan2011, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p14
The article reviews several web sites including the www.himssanalytics.org/docs/MedicalDevices from HIMSS Analytics LLC, www.ecri.org/Forms/Pages/ from ECRI Institute, and the www.conning.com/viewpublications-article.aspx?id=5187 from Conning Research and Consulting Inc.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY. // RT: The Journal for Respiratory Care Practitioners;Sep2011, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p14
The article evaluates several medical related information technology including the CliniNetÂ® Virtual Report remote viewing system from eVent Medical Ltd., and the BreezeConnectâ„¢ HL7 Interface from Medical Graphics Corp.