Patient safety envoy
- PATIENT SAFETY. // AHA News;11/14/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p7
The article focuses on the meeting of Sir Liam Donaldson, chairman of the World Health Organization's World Alliance for Patient Safety, with American Hospital Association president Dick Davidson to discuss the alliance's work to reduce health care-associated infections at the association's...
- YOU CAN SAY SORRY. Feinmann, Jane // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;8/29/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7719, p482
The article presents an assessment of initiatives that challenge the notion that doctors cannot afford to apologise in the event of an adverse event. According to Liam Donaldson of the World Health Organization (WHO), open and honest communication with patients and families when something goes...
- Safety alliance gets UK backing. Cooper, Richard // British Journal of Perioperative Nursing;Aug2004, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p338
Reports on the plan of World Health Organization to launch the International Alliance for Patient Safety. Naming of Liam Donaldson as chief medical officer of the alliance; Role of the alliance in addressing global patient safety issues.
- WHO updates guidelines for safety training of health professionals. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/22/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 17, pE1249
The article offers information on the updated guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) concerning a curriculum for health educators which aims to train health professionals to improve patient safety. It says that the 272-page guideline contains a teacher's guide on patient safety...
- The new `nation's doctor' may find it lonely at the top. Bower, Hiliary // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/25/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7153, p233
Profiles Professor Liam Donaldson, chief medical officer (CMO) for England. What his goals are a CMO; Information on Donaldson's medical career; Comments from Donaldson.
- CMO ready to retire in May. // GP: General Practitioner;1/15/2010, p20
The article announces that Liam Donaldson, chief medical officer (CMO) of Great Britain will retire on May 2009.
- A WONDER DRUG FOR THE NATION'S HEALTH. // SportEX Health (14718154);Jul2010, Issue 25, p3
The article reports on the recommendation of Chief Medical Officer Liam Donaldson that children should have beep test to measure their stamina and fitness in Great Britain.
- Healthcarerepublic.com: A round-up of the best from GP's website this week. // GP: General Practitioner;6/4/2010, p25
The article discusses medical briefs in the website "Healthcarerepublic.com" including personal finance podcasts, profile of Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Sir Liam Donaldson and assessment of carbon-di-oxide for surgeries.
- The health services and the dream. Pickering, William G. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/4/2006, Vol. 333 Issue 7575, p970
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an interview of Sir Liam Donaldson by the "British Medical Journal."