Family medicine continues uptick during annual residency match
- Physicians. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/05/96, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p18
States the need for family physicians and internal medicine specialists in the United States to work together in giving optimal care to patients, as presented in several articles in the September 1996 issue of `The Internist: Health Policy in Practice.' Contact information.
- Reflections on internal medicine and family medicine. Saultz, John W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;3/15/96, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p600
Evaluates the practice style and philosophy of the family physician and suggests ways to improve communication and collaboration between the two disciplines. Developmental perspective; Clinical content; Core values of the family physician; Increasing importance of collaboration between the...
- Complexity results for the basic residency scheduling problem. Guo, Jiayi; Morrison, David; Jacobson, Sheldon; Jokela, Janet // Journal of Scheduling;Jun2014, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p211
Upon graduation from medical school, medical students join residency programs to complete their clinical training and fulfill specialty board certification requirements. During residency, they are assigned several years of clinical rotations, where they work under the supervision of physician...
- Family Medicine Residency Program Director Expectations of Procedural Skills of Medical School Graduates. Dickson, Gretchen M.; Chesser, Amy K.; Woods, Nikki Keene; Krug, Nathan R.; Kellerman, Rick D. // Family Medicine;Jun2013, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p392
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Mismatch between program directors' expectations of medical school graduates and the experi-ence of students in medical school has important implications for patient safety and medical education. We sought to define fam-ily medicine residency program directors'...
- More Medical Students Opt for Family Medicine. // American Family Physician;10/15/2013, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p496
This article focuses on a survey released by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) in 2013 which revealed the increase in the percentage of medical school graduates choosing family medicine residencies.
- Your views: MRCGP pass rates. // GP: General Practitioner;6/24/2013, p23
The LMCs conference overwhelmingly expressed concern at the disparity in pass rates between international and UK medical graduates taking the MRCGP (GP, 10 June).
- Residents talking to Ontario over new entry program. Napoleone, Marc // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/16/2016, Vol. 188 Issue 3, pE49
The article reports on the call of the medical professional organization Professional Association of Residents of Ontario on the government of Ontario to clarify the conditions imposed on how family medicine graduates can practise in the province. Particular focus is given to the requirement by...
- A message to health care providers. DEAS, GERALD W. // New York Amsterdam News;5/2/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 18, p35
The article presents the author's views on the Hippocratic Oath in memory of the Greek physician, Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, taken by students upon graduating from medical schools. He comments that no one living, born or unborn, would have to worry about medical care if this oath would...
- What comes next after #interncrisis? Bonning, Michael; Milford, William // Australian Medical Student Journal;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses the lack of internship programs for medical graduates in Australia. Topics discussed include alleged failure of health authorities to plan for the internship needs of graduates of medical schools in the country, factors that make it difficult for medical school graduates to...