Europe unveils risk assessment guidance for engineered nanomaterials used in food chain
- When the shouting stops. // Food Manufacture;Feb96, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p3
Opinion. Comments on the European Union (EU) Commission's decision on the issue of traditional food products subject to specific national prohibitions on the use of additives for which derogations would be sought. Countries that agreed not to nominate any products; Number of products nominated...
- EU REGS TO BE HARMONISED. // Food Manufacture;Jan2003, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p19
Announces the European Commission's adoption of a proposal to harmonize legislation covering the use of food additives in flavorings. Description of the regulations for additives used in the storage and application of flavors in European Union countries.
- EC rules on food additives to be changed. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business;4/23/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 63, p34
The article reports on the proposed changes issued by the European Commission regarding food additive regulations. The European Parliament's committee on the environment, public health and food safety has amended regulations to provide consumers with more information on the additives used in...
- Legislation. // Food & Drink Technology;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p9
The article offers world news briefs related to food industry. The European Commission (EC) has proposed permanently scrapping the set-aside system, where 10% of European Union (EU) farm fields lie fallow. The European Parliament's environment committee has pushed for changes to a new EU...
- Simplification of additives legislature. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Jun2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p52
Reports on the work of the European Commission on modifying and simplifying European Union (EU) legislation on food additives. Plan to have two legislative proposals to be adopted by the European Parliament and the EU Member States through the co-decision procedure; Plan to replace directives on...
- Online Database as Additives Legislation Published. Trollope, Kate // European Food & Feed Law Review;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p366
The article reports on the publication of an online database as food additives legislation. The database is expected to allow the control of authorities, consumer groups, and food processors. This has been announced after the European Commission's (EC) agreement with the European Parliament and...
- China Bans Benzoyl Peroxide and Calcium Peroxide as Food Additives in Flour. // China Chemical Reporter;3/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p4
The article reports that the use of two popular food additives in flour production, benzoyl peroxide and calcium peroxide, has been banned by seven authorities in the Chinese national government.
- Crossing Delaney. Coorsh, Richard // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug96, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the US Congress' decision to repeal the Delaney clause which bans any cancerous residue from chemical additives in processed foods. Creation of a single standard for both processed and raw foods; Controversy on the Delaney clause.
- Consumers Fight Bill Softening Food Laws. Appleson, Gail // American Bar Association Journal;Feb82, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p139
Reports on the progress of legislation in the U.S. Senate that would ease restrictions against food additives that have been linked to cancer, as of February 1982. Dispute over the legislation between consumer groups and the food industry; Key provisions of the bill.