Lack of workplace mental health resources increases pressure on health care system
- The financial impact on community mental health centers of capitated contracts with Medicaid: The... Wyant, David; Christianson, Jon // Community Mental Health Journal;Apr99, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p135
Contrasts the financial experiences of the capitated Community Mental Health Centers (CMHC) in Utah and five noncontracting Centers. Patterns of financial management; Contractual relationships between the CMHCs and the state; Implications of the findings for CMHCs in other states where Medicaid...
- Unexpected fiscal crisis spurs development of more responsive, productive provider agency. Citron, Tod W. // Getting Paid in Behavioral Healthcare;Jun2003, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the changes made by the mental health center in Georgia, Cobb and Douglas county Community Services Board, following reduction in government funding in the year 2002. Cultural changes made in the organization; Defining of productivity targets for each member; Expansion of billing...
- Q&A: Healthy Homes in Missouri. McCaslin, Ian // Policy & Practice (19426828);Feb2012, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p30
An interview with Missouri (MO) HealthNet director Ian McCaslin is presented. McCaslin mentions that the Medicaid program aims to support community mental health centers (CMHCs), provide better care for individuals chronic condition, and reduce the cost of care wherein individuals covered...
- Second Thoughts from the Front Lines. Callahan, Ann M. // Social Work;Oct2007, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p364
The author asserts that reliance on managed care has led to systemic barriers that harm mental health workers and the people they are trying to serve. She works on the front line of a community mental health agency, and claims the demand for their services often outweighs availability, but they...
- Children's Mental Health Unit comes to South side. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;8/31/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 30, p1
The article informs that Roseland Community Hospital is opening the mental health facility Adolescent Behavioral Health Unit (ABHU) in South Side in Chicago, Illinois on September 6, 2011 that features a 28 bed facility and is committed to the well-being of the adolescents.
- Feds to expand probe of Medicare partial hospitalization payments. Weinstock, Matthew // AHA News;10/12/98, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p3
Reports that federal investigators expanded a probe of billing practices from community mental health centers (CHMC) to hospitals. Corrupt practices of CMHC; Plans to review hospital-based programs.
- Idaho mental health clinic to have new, larger quarters. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);10/25/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 22, pC7
The article reports on the plan of Post Falls, Idaho-based mental health clinic, Abundant Wellness Center, to move to a larger facility. According to owner Eva Foster, she expects that construction of a 5,000-square-foot building for Abundant will get under way in the fall of 2007 and will be...
- The Role of the Medical Director in Public Mental Health Organizations: Part II. Ranz, Jules; Deakins, Susan // Psychiatric Quarterly;Mar2008, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the work in a state psychiatric center and another on the work in a task force formed by members of the Veterans Administration and a city department of homeless services.
- Patterns of New Chronicity in a Mental Hospital. Measey, Laurence G.; Smith, Howard // British Journal of Psychiatry;Sep73, Vol. 123 Issue 574, p349
The article focuses on the problem of the long-stay patient in the Mental Hospital. Included in the survey were all patients in Glenside Hospital who had been in hospital without a break for more than one year and under five years. Furthermore, each patient was interviewed, as were the senior...