Evaluation and Management of Heart Murmurs in Children
- Significance of a Cardiac Murmur as the Sole Clinical Sign in the Newborn. Rein, Azaria J. J. T.; Omokhodion, Samuel I.; Nir, Amiram // Clinical Pediatrics;Sep2000, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p511
Presents information on a study which defined and classified the causes of cardiac murmur in a newborn infant. Criteria for patient selection; Incidence of structural heart disease; Categories of lesions that produce cardiac murmurs; Clinical implications of the findings.
- Are routine chest x ray and ECG examinations helpful in the evaluation of asymptomatic heart murmurs?. Gardiner, Susan // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Jul2003, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p638
Discusses the case of an infant with asymptomatic heart murmur. Chest X-ray; Electrocardiography examination; Pediatric cardiology.
- Innocent versus Pathologic Murmurs: A Challenge of Neonatal Examination. Khalilian, Mohammad Reza; Malekian, Arash; Aramesh, Mohammad Reza; Dehdashtian, Masoud; Maryam, Taleie // Journal of Clinical Neonatology;Jul-Sep2016, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p174
Objective: Auscultation is one of the most important procedures in routine examination of neonates for congenital heart disease (CHD). Differentiating between innocent and pathologic murmurs during auscultation is very hard and usually unfeasible. The aim of this study was to assess the ability...
- Pediculated myxoma from atrial septum invading atria and biventricular inlets. Cardoso, Camila Caetano; Croti, Ulisses Alexandre; De Marchi, Carlos Henrique; Moscardini, Airton Camacho // Brazilian Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p501
No abstract available.
- ask dr. jay. // Fit Pregnancy;Apr/May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p50
Presents questions and answers concerning the health of babies. Discussion on how to handle child tantrums; Advice on child nutrition; Concern on heart murmurs of a baby.
- ask dr. jay. Gordon, Jay // Fit Pregnancy;Aug/Sep2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p92
Answers health concerns about infants. Length of hospital stay following childbirth; Heart murmur among children; Treatment for skin rashes.
- An evaluation of parental concerns and misperceptions about heart murmurs. McCrindle, Brian W.; Shaffer, Kenneth M. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan1995, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p25
Studies the extent of anxiety and misperceptions about heart murmurs for consenting parents of 182 children in the United States referred for first-time cardiologic assessment of a heart murmur. Predictors of extreme parental concern; Comparison of differences between preevaluation responses...
- Evaluating heart murmurs in children. Feit, Lloyd R.; Kaplan, Deborah // Patient Care;10/15/1998, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p120
Offers a look at how to diagnosis most heart murmurs encountered in children. Indication that most heart murmurs are innocent or functional heart murmurs; How the difference between pathologic murmurs, presentations of congenital and acquired cardiac disease is distinguished; Importance of a...
- Parents may be overly anxious about heart murmurs in their children. // Child Health Alert;Feb95, Vol. 13, p3
Reports on parental misconception about their child's heart murmurs. Publication of a survey in `Clinical Pediatrics,' by B.W. McCrindle, et.al.; Need to educate parents on heart murmurs; Removal of unnecessary cause for anxiety.