Skimming Hits ATMs as High Tech Fights Back
- Tube Trouble. Quittner, Jeremy // American Banker;3/2/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 33, p5
The article focuses on a report by the London Evening Standard newspaper that reports criminals are placing card reading devices to steal credit and debit card information on payment slots for ticket vending machines for the public transportation system in London, England.
- Skimming Scheme. Quittner, Jeremy // American Banker;6/8/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 88, p5
The article reports that Mihail Draghici, Ionel Dedulescu, Didi Theodor Ciulei, and Laurentiu Mugurel Manta were charged by the U.S. Justice Department for an alleged skimming scheme at Citigroup Inc. and JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s automated teller machines.
- ATM Skimming: MODERN DAY BANK ROBBERY. // ATMmarketplace.com White Papers & Special Reports;2014, preceding p1
The article offers information on the periodical "ATM Skimming: Modern Day Bank Robbery."
- The Scheme, the Audit, the Fail. Rechtman, Yigal M. // Accountingtoday.com;9/25/2015, p4
The article discusses the findings of a cash-skimming scheme fraud investigation which will help tax professionals perform audits gain new perspective.
- Terminal Velocity. Sposito, Sean // American Banker;5/25/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 81, p5
The article focuses on the illegal debit card-skimming technology which journalist Brian Krebs talked about on his website Krebs on Security on May 18, 2011 where he posted an interview with an entrepreneurial fraudster who sells skimming devices made to order.
- Fraud Reductions Driving Adoption. // Credit Union Journal;5/7/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p12
The article focuses on the white paper titled "Chip Card Debate: U.S. Weighs Benefits of PIN and Signature Formats," which highlights that EuroPay, MasterCard, and VISA (EMV) is predicted to reduce losses from skimming scams already operating within the country.
- Fraud Epidemic. // Journal of the Australian & New Zealand Institute of Insurance &;Mar2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the increasing fraud cases such as skimming of automated teller machines, money laundering and credit cards scams in the Australian criminal courts.
- Top 10 Tips for Fighting Card Fraud. Witham, Theresa; Arnold, Mary Auestad // Credit Union Management;May2013, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p9
The article offers tips for preventing card fraud including real-time decision for personal identification number, updating contact information, and monitoring accounts.
- Many Unaware Of ATM Skimming, Poll Finds. // ISO & Agent Weekly;12/16/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p12
The article offers information on a survey which revealed that 90 percent of the consumers in the U.S. are not familiar with Automated Teller machine (ATM) skimming.