Retailers: More Aggressive Migration to IP Video
- Should stores have the right to snoop? // Current Events;10/31/94, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p3
Discusses the ethical considerations of installing security systems in retail stores. Prevention of store theft; Legal limitations; Right of customers to be informed of monitoring.
- 2 anti-theft systems get tests at Zellers. Power, Denise // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/29/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 81, p16
Focuses on Zellers' electronic article-surveillance systems (EAS), a security device that can protect the merchandise against theft. Information on the EAS technology installed at Zellers stores; How Zellers tested the quality of EAS: Expectation of Steve Urwin, director of operations at...
- STOP thief! Jones, Leisha // New Zealand Apparel;Jul2008, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p31
The article relates the importance of ensuring the safety of a business in every retail environment. A holistic approach to security is needed in a retail environment, according to the author. Security elements that should be considered include store design, electronic surveillance and security...
- Public View Monitors & Their Role in Security. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p72
The article offers information concerning public view monitors and its corresponding role in security. Gary Clinton of Clinton Electronics, states that a public view monitor is a monitor mounted inside a retail store which displays a live image from a video camera. It includes a camera and a...
- Retailers heighten security for holiday shopping season. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/16/96, Vol. 35 Issue 51, p3
Focuses on the increase in security measures made by retail stores in Westchester County, New York State in preparation for the 1996 holiday season. Percentage of inventory losses by retailers attributed to employee theft; Percentage of the loss due to shoplifting; Features of the precautions...
- Mad on Madison, stores fight back. // Crain's New York Business;7/11/94, Vol. 10 Issue 28, p6
Reports on the security measure implemented by retailers along Madison Avenue in New York, New York in the wake of the robbery at Vera Wang's boutique in the area. Link with neighborhood security system called Interwatch which is a project of Association for a Better New York.
- Security. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Feb95, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p75
Reports on developments related to security of retail stores in the United States. Installation of Video Sentry's traveling closed circuit television system by Lowe's Home Centers; Introduction of electronic article surveillance by Sensormatic Electronics.
- HÃ¤ndler nehmen Terrorwarnungen ernst. K. I. // Textilwirtschaft;12/2/2010, Issue 48, p43
The article discusses how department stores in Berlin, Germany, have increased security measures in the face of terrorist warnings, according to Stefan Genth, Managing Director of the chamber of commerce Handelsverband Deutschland (HDE) in Berlin.
- Councils asked to cut red tape on shutters. Montague-Jones, Guy // Grocer;8/20/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8018, p5
The article reports that local councils have been urged by the British government to be lenient on planning restrictions on shop security shutters in the aftermath of the August 2011 riots.