State Regulations Dictate Convenience Store Security
- A tempting target. Gold, Lessing E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p95
Focuses on the case of a convenience store owner in New Jersey who was found liable for the shooting death of a woman clerk during a daylight robbery in the absence of appropriate security measures at the store. Court's rejection of claims by the store that it had no duty to protect the...
- Its just not the tourists who are afraid. Pacyniak, Bernard // National Petroleum News;Nov93, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p49
Reports on how convenience stores can gain security from violent crimes. Crime rates; Security measures for employees and shoppers; Combining convenience with security.
- RETAIL. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/1/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p9
The article offers information on the multi-layered security measures being implemented at Maverik convenience stores in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Robberies in C-stores decline--again. // National Petroleum News;Jan97, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p23
Reports on the decline of robberies among convenience stores in the United States. Improvement credited to the convenience store industry's focus on employee education, cash control policies and improved visibility at stores.
- Security systems: Benefits beyond securing the store. Barnack, Renee // National Petroleum News;Jun98, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p23
Presents benefits of installing a security system in a convenience store. Security as the main benefit; Snapshots of what the customer wants; Instant assessment of employee's performance. INSETS: Eavesdropping.;Expect the best, plan for the worst..
- Crime down in C-stores. // Chain Store Age;Feb96, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the figures released by the Federal Bureau of Investigations indicating a decline in the number of robberies committed in convenience stores across the United States. Implications of the figures for security at the stores.
- C-store bill clears House in Pennsylvania. Schultz, George // National Petroleum News;May99, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p38
Reports on the Pennsylvania House of Representatives' approval of a legislation that would create a loan fund designed to enable owners of five or less convenience stores to purchase security cameras. Debate over restrictions on tobacco product placement, which is the topic of a controversial...
- Fighting back: C-store erasing crime stigma. Dwyer, Steve // National Petroleum News;Jul94, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p26
Reports on convenience store (C-store) and petroleum retailers' establishment of local law enforcement networks. Security needs of C-stores and petroleum businesses; Flexibility in the crime-fighting plan; Areas of vulnerability of the stores; Stores' approach to crime. INSET: Hard reality of...
- How to avoid robbery. McGunn, Edward // National Petroleum News;May95, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p36
Advises retailers that the best way to prevent robbery in the store is the combination of a well-conceived security system and consistent personal training. Survey on previous robberies; Steps to avoid robbery; Intelligent cash management and training of employees as deterrent to crime.