Revision Leaves Widening View Unchanged
- Balance of Payments Correction Still On Track. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2009, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the move of the National Bank of Poland to conduct a major correction of the balance of payments position in Poland. It states that the main factor driving the adjustment of the country's balance of payments has been the sharp deterioration in trade dynamics. It mentions...
- The impact of dark matter on sustainability of current account imbalance. Chien-Jung Ting // International Proceedings of Economics Development & Research;2011, Vol. 11, p379
In this paper, we pay attention to the contribution of conventionally omitted dark matter (DM) on sustainability of current account imbalance. According to the definition of DM in Hausmann and Sturzenegger (2006, 2007), the existence of undervalued foreign assets and liabilities, and this...
- EXPLANATORY NOTES. // Balance of Payments of Trinidad & Tobago;2005, p50
The article provides information about the balance of payments report of Trinidad and Tobago. It states that this report has been designed along the lines recommended by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in its manuals and other documents. It highlights the economic transactions occurring...
- Poland current account swings to deficit. // Regional Today;8/14/2014, p2
The article focuses on the 391 million Euros-worth of deficit logged by Poland in June 2014 based on the data released by the National Bank of Poland (NBP) in August 2014.
- Poland Oct current account deficit widens. // Regional Today;12/16/2014, p2
The article reports an increase in Poland's current account deficits in October 2014 as compared to 2013 as per data by National Bank of Poland.
- Balance of Payments. Flynn, Simone I. // Balance of Payments -- Research Starters Business;3/1/2016, p1
This article focuses on balance of payments. It provides an overview of the main categories of balance of payments accounts including current accounts, capital accounts, and financial accounts. The double-entry bookkeeping method used for balance of payments accounting is described. The article...
- NUMBER IN THE NEWS. // Regional Today;02/13/2013, p2
This section offers European news briefs including the decrease in the account deficit of Poland from 1.48 billion Euros to 1.2 billion Euros as of February 2013 according to the National Bank of Poland, the increase in the account deficit of the Czech Republic from 2.01 billion Czech Koruna to...
- ANNEX 1. BALANCE OF PAYMENTS TABLES. // OECD Economic Surveys: Hungary;May2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 2, p144
Presents statistical data related to the current account of the balance of payments of Hungary from 1998 to 2002. Calculation of the financial account of the balance of payments from 1998 to 2002; Figures representing the capital flows in the balance of payments of Hungary from 2001 to 2002.
- The Optimal Level of Reserves for Low-Income Countries: Self-Insurance against External Shocks. Barnichon, Regis // IMF Staff Papers;Nov2009, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p852
This paper develops an analytical framework that helps to quantify the optimal level of international reserves for a small open economy with limited access to foreign capital and subject to natural disasters or terms-of-trade shocks. International reserves allow the country to relieve balance of...