WORKPLACE INCIVILITY AND TURNOVER INTENTIONS: THE EFFICACY OF MANAGERIAL INTERVENTIONS
- Let's Talk About Salary. ALLEYNE, SONIA // Black Enterprise;Oct2013, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p32
The article presents the survey "Turnover and Retention" by Catalyst as of October 2013, which showed that 42% of senior-level female respondents and 51% of male claimed that the main reason why they seek new employment is compensation.
- Quality on the night shift. Larson, Melissa // Quality;Jun98, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p56
Discusses how plant managers and quality controllers can help night-shift workers produce quality products. Why the period from 1 a.m. to 5 p.m. is a danger zone; Job procedures that workers must consider; Ways to compensate for lower night-shift motivation. INSET: NIOSH handbook suggests...
- Employers catering to special needs of shift workers. Fletcher, Lee // Business Insurance;06/26/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p12
Focuses on employers' efforts to address the work and life benefits of shift workers in the United States as of June 26, 2000. Work and life concerns of shift workers; Emphasis on workplace safety issues.
- EFFICIENT INTERACTION OF MANAGER AND LEADER WITH SUBORDINATES DURING TEAM BUILDING. Olegovich, Ulizko Denis // Theory & Practice of Social Development;2013, Issue 3, p186
The article is concerned with interaction between a manager and personnel on the stage of the team building. The author considers phases of the team formation and examines elements of the administrator's behavior as a manger and a leader. The subject matter under consideration is of the...
- Don't Forget Your Shift Workers. Joinson, Carla // HRMagazine;Feb99, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p80
Offers suggestions on managing shift workers. Concerns of a night-shift worker; How to counter frustrations; How to offset the perception that workers on the night shift are not the company's brightest.
- Near-optimal solution to an employee assignment problem with seniority. Hojati, Mehran // Annals of Operations Research;Dec2010, Vol. 181 Issue 1, p539
I consider the problem of weekly assignment of shifts to operators. The shifts are to be assigned by seniority (or by any other employee hierarchy), but every employee is guaranteed to receive at least one shift. I propose a practical solution method to this problem that guarantees a feasible...
- 3 Change-of-Pace Ideas for Staff Meetings. LEVOY, BOB // Podiatry Management;Mar2015, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p57
The article presents three ideas for changing the pace of staff meetings in podiatry practices. These ideas involve increasing staff awareness of the anxiety that some patients experience during office visits, stressing the importance of two-way communication with patients, and a team building...
- Some advice for the corporate rainmaker in your life. Reinfeld, Hesh // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/23/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p20
The article presents some pieces of advice for the rainmaker in a company. Perhaps when announcing a staff meeting which is coming up in a few minutes, a little pep talk would help. It is also important to motivate the other guys in the company. The article also demonstrates a case in which...
- Learning at Work Day. // Logistics & Transport Focus;May2001, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p55
According to the research from the Chartered Management Institute and the MWB Business Exchange, businesses in Great Britain are not doing enough to meet the demand for better offices and more flexible working arrangements for staff. Nearly four in ten of the 1,200 managers surveyed are...