Traveling on a Budget
- DP hype: Wotif it's a load of bull? Voorhaar, Ria // Travel Trade;2/23/2005, p7
The article reports that Wotif.com chief executive and founder Graeme Wood said his company would not be investing in the technology that allows consumers to construct their own holiday packages on a single Web site. Wood claimed the proponents of the technology were trying to "hype up" dynamic...
- F.Y.I.. // Travel Agent;11/19/2001, Vol. 306 Issue 5, p10
Reports developments related to the tourist trade as of November 2001. Recruitment of Barbara Muckerman as vice president of corporate marketing in the Silversea Cruises; Contribution of chief executive officer Manfred Ursprunger in the profitability of Renaissance Cruises; Features of...
- Campaign to boost website. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;3/11/2005, Issue 1760, p4
The article reports that a consumer advertising campaign is being launched to boost awareness of the Thomas cook.com website. Chief executive officer Manny Fontenla-Novoa said it would kick off the drive this month, following a site relaunch in January 2005. He said the site had been neglected...
- CEO Q&A. Heathcote, Samantha // BRW;4/5/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p10
An interview with Robbie Cooke, chief executive officer (CEO) at Wotif.com, is presented including his first job, people he most admire and the skills or qualities he wish he had.
- Soskin hits out over 'web ethics'. Dennis, Juliet // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;11/24/2003, Issue 1695, p31
Cheapflights chief executive David Soskin has attacked new travel Web sites for using "unethical" techniques to skim prices from other sites and for claiming to offer the best industry deals. Many Web sites, including Cheapflights.co.uk, use a technique called "spidering" to extract prices from...
- More than just a Major influence. Nelson, Paul // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;11/12/2004, Issue 1744, p36
The article profiles David Soskin, chief executive of the travel price comparison site, arguably the hidden success story of Great Britain online travel. David bought the site-launched in 1996â€” in 2000 and has increased sales by introducing the pay-per-click revenue model to the travel...
- Tourism body looking for CEO. SPRINGER, BEVAN // New York Amsterdam News;4/18/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p16
The article announces vacancy for the profile of chief executive officer (CEO) at the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA) in New York.
- TOURISM BODY TO DECIDE ON US FUNDING NEXT YEAR. // Travel Weekly (UK);11/12/2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2043, p63
The article reports that the Corporation for Travel Promotion has started searching for a chief executive officer (CEO) before finalising a blueprint for marketing travel to the U.S.
- BOOKMARKED. Gilpatrick, Kristin // Credit Union Management;Mar2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
Provides information on the Web site CEO Express which may be helpful for chief executives. Information on the Biz Search section of the site; Homework help area of the site.