News Flash! Positive Change Coming
- Starbucks chief takes board role at Groupon. Baker, Rosie // Marketing Week;2/17/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p11
The article announces the appointment of Howard Schultz as chief executive officer (CEO) of Starbucks.
- Homosexual Lobby Strikes Again, Starbucks Caves to Threats. // New American (08856540);9/5/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p6
The article focuses on the withdrawal of Starbucks Corp. chief executive officer (CEO) Howard Schultz on the speaking engagement at the Global Leadership Summit on August 12, 2012 sponsored by Willow Creek mega-church, which stands accused by homosexual activists as being beyond the pale by virtue.
- Howard Schultz Resigns as Starbucks CEO; Kevin Johnson Named Successor. // Tea & Coffee Trade Journal;Jan2017, p48
The article announces that Howard Schultz will step down as chief executive officer (CEO) of the coffeehouse chain Starbucks and will be appointed its executive chairman.
- father of reinvention. HELM, LESLIE // Seattle;Nov2014, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p139
The article focuses on professional achievements of Howard Schultz, chief executive of restaurant company Starbucks, who has been selected among the journal's Most Influential People of Seattle, Washington in 2014, and mentions topics like his moves such as retraining baristas.
- Brewing up a turnaround. KLEIN, OUSTIN S. // Smart Business Indianapolis;Jan2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses how Howard Schultz, chief executive officer (CEO) of Starbucks Corp., restored the company after he returned to the position in January 2008. It notes that Schultz informed his employees on why the company was not performing well and explained to them his plan of fixing it....
- AFTERWORD: KEEP ON KEEPING ON. // GBS: My Sister's a Barista Starbucks;2007, p188
The article narrates the author's encounter with Howard Schultz, chief executive officer (CEO) of Starbucks Corp., during the 250th anniversary of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce in London, England. He emphasized the successful international business of...
- An extra shot a marketing. McElhatton, NoeIIe // Marketing (00253650);2/3/2010, p16
An interview with Howard Schultz, chief executive officer (CEO) of Starbucks Corp., is presented. He states that the business has been dealing with the recession in terms of compression of traffic and average takings. He mentions the need for the company to be more marketing-driven and explains...
- PEOPLE. Kuehner-Hebert, Katie; Davis, Paul; Monks, Matthew // American Banker;1/30/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 20, p2
News briefs on banking and bankers are presented. Bill Cooper, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of TCF Financial Corp. said he would not receive any salary for the immediate future. Former CEO Sandy Weill has ended his consultancy with his old firm Citigroup. Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks, has...
- A meeting of the minds. Theodore, Sarah // Beverage Industry;Aug2009, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p16
The article offers views on economy, innovation and opportunities from leaders of beverage companies in the U.S. Chief executive officer (CEO) of Starbucks Corp. Howard Schultz said that his company has made changes to its product that reflects the current economy. Boston Beer Co. Inc. chairman...