How can I change sector?
- Career Transition. // Crain's Detroit Business;5/25/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p12
The article presents information on career transition of Thomas Biljan, who is currently an agency manager at Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan. Earlier he had worked as human resources manager for Continental Plastics Co. and AZ Automotive Corp. Biljan says that in the auto industry, employees...
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;7/12/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p52
The article announces the appointments of several HR personnel, including Rachel Ferguson as the first HR director of Vebnet, Beth Aarons as the first talent development director of MWB Business Exchange, and Robert Johnston as HR shared services director of BBC.
- Off the beaten path. Pickard, Jane // People Management;5/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p15
Forecasts changes in human resource (HR) career patterns caused by outsourcing discussed at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's round-table debate in Great Britain. Transition of HR director's role from heading a department to facilitating change and managing relationships;...
- My Story So Far. Alien, Lucy // Third Sector;Dec2014, Issue 807, p62
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of making a career shift from the television industry to youth charities.
- Top job Glen Walker. // Personnel Today;5/30/2006, p39
The article presents an interview with Glen Walker, head of HR at Action for Blind People, a charity for blind and partially-sighted people. He explained the duties in his new role as the head of HR. He said that he wants to shape the HR service, so that it supports business growth and adds...
- Soldiering on find former military personnel work. Cottell, Colin // Recruiter;4/20/2011, p6
The article reports on the significance of the charity Soldier On in helping injured military service personnel with support and advice in writing and interviewing skills for their career development in Great Britain.
- "The show always goes on around here". // People Management;Aug2014, p47
The author reflects on her experience working in human resources (HR) and her role as head of HR at the Royal Albert Hall event venue in London, England. She discusses changing careers from family lawyer to HR, the many occupations found at the event venue, and the transition from paper-based...
- Engaging leadership. Giles, Helen // Training Journal;May2014, p57
In this article the author, who is a human resources (HR) professional at British charity St Mungo's Broadway in England, discusses engaging leadership. She notes several types of chief executive officers (CEOs) and management styles she's encountered working as in HR and discusses some ways her...
- Yardstick. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p58
Focuses on the factors influencing the salary of employees from the personnel departments in Great Britain. Level of inflation; Rate of unemployment; Balance between the job gained and job lost.